Randomly, some devices started showing as unavailable

I am tired of seeing this. Everything was working fine for last month, then suddenly, several devices started showing as unavailable in the ST classic app. I ran Z-Wave repair and no issues were found. I checked again after 2 hours, devices were still showing as unavailable. Checked just now and except for one device, all other devices are showing fine. This keeps happening every 25-30 days. I run Z-Wave network repair every day but no issue is reported. Is it because something at ST end is having problems?

Thanks,
Arun

Using the Classic app turn of Device Health from account settings page. It basically means that the platform isn’t detecting any communication from your devices for a predetermined period of time. It works well most of the time but sometimes if the platform is having an issue it can show a false positive but it should fix itself. Otherwise just turn the feature off

1 Like

Check their status page as well. They had an outage yesterday.

1 Like

Thanks!! I totally forgot about it. Yes, these are exactly the symptoms I faced. First, the alarm did not disarm when I opened the lock. Then the motion sensors failed to turn on the light. After asking Alexa to turn on the lamps, there was a delay of about half a minute. All this happened between 6:00 and 7:00 PM.

Thanks…!! I was always under the impression that turning off device health would impact functionality. Now I better understand what it does.

1 Like

As a new ST user, I’m really disappointed in the reliability of the platform. In the past two weeks that I’ve switched it has gone down fairly often nationwide at random times in North America. It seems like ST support can eventually fix their platform, but can’t stop it from going down to begin with.

1 Like

It’s funny, been here with this platform for almost half a decade now, and I’ve noticed that these issue tend to crop up most around holidays.

I won’t speculate why but overall its a 100x more reliable than it was 4 years ago. One of the good things though which I think they took feedback was not to make any major deployments at the start of a vacation because folks tend to be out office/home and invariably there are issues with a big deployment. So they’re limited major releases before big holidays (atleast it appeared so until they stopped issuing advanced notice of upgrades/releases).

Now if they can deliver on Local Processing, this would be an unbeatable setup :slight_smile: @Bryce_Geiser :wink:

Seasons greetings and wish the ST staff a very happy new year! These guys are awesome.

1 Like

Actually, seeing all the automation in my house, lot of my friends have asked me to implement it for them, but I am hesitant. They would expect a high reliability and I don’t want to be the technical support guy for them…:neutral_face:

1 Like