Push and SMS notifications not working for SmartApps (August 2018)

I have been using @RBoy’ s “Door Lock Code User Management with Unlock Notifications, Advanced Scheduling and Automatic Lock/Unlock” (http://smartthings.rboyapps.com/#a3) with no issues till yesterday.
As of yesterday mid-day, lock, unlock and code use notifications stopped coming in.

I have re-installed the Smartapp itself, as well as the Smartthings app. I also made sure I was running the latest version.

Would appreciate some assistance and ideas.

Thank you!

Looks like you’re using the contact address book feature on your SmartThings account. ST redacted this feature two days ago but the update is rolling out slowly. You have two options:

1. Manually force the platform to update your account and disable the feature see this post Removal of Contact Book Feature
  2. Wait for a few days until the platform forces a cache update and the feature is disabled by the platform for your account

As soon as the feature is registered as disabled for your account (manually or after a cache refresh) the app will fall back to the push notifications automatically.

2 Likes

What a pain, but THANK YOU!
Updating now.

@RBoy I’m all set!
Thank you for this and all your hard work.

2 Likes

Hello! I seem to be having a similar issue; around Aug/Sep timeframe my SMS notifications stopped working. When I log into graph.api… I seem to have two duplicate locations – not sure if that may be a related issue. Appreciate any help!

There is a way to remove an empty location in IDE. Go to #2 in the following thread…

But not sure if that will resolve your SMS issue.