SMS notification not working. I've replied YES to the 844647

I’ve replied YES to the 844647 and it confirms I’m signed up, but I’m still it getting sms notifications from Smart Home Monitor for the door lock/unlock

Please help.

you are in the U.S.?

Yes I’m in USA and I’m trying to send sms to a USA number

So I started receiving lock/unlock messages this morning… And then they suddenly stopped in the afternoon.

Not sure why it’s intermittent.

Only thing that comes to mind…

1. Rate Limits - You can receive a maximum of 100 messages per phone number, per configuration, per day (12:00:00am-11:59:59pm). Some of your SmartApps may be approaching this level. Review your settings to ensure your SMS messages are not affected by the limits.

I’ve received a total of 42 messages today so below the 100 limit.

The messages have started working again on their own.

Hello folks any updates on this? I texted YEs to 844647. Get the push notifications in the app but no SMS.

what region are you in?

2 Likes

I am having this same issue. Have you found a solution?

I am in US. VA state.

@Dawn - no solution yet. Support asked me to delete app and reinstall but that did not help.

iOS or Android? have you tested from both STHM (if using) and Routines? do you have other family members or friends you can test with? Has SMS worked previously and stopped or has it never worked? the app has permissions, if Android, to access your address book where you can select contacts?

btw… I checked and SMS is working for me.

I am on an iphone. I have tried with both T-Mobile (me) and Verizon (a friend). I documented my experiences on a thread on samsung only to have it shut down with an unhelpful suggestion. I have not been able to get support to help at all.

your post with the link changes the narrative a bit. You replied YES but never receive a confirmation. My earlier responses assumed you got the confirmation but then no SMS from ST in Routines (which the OP posted about in the first past of this thread).

I am not sure what you can do at this point. You’ve checked your Unknown Senders and Junk sections in Messages if you have some type of filter enabled. Though I doubt that would be the case since you received the first SMS message asking you to respond.

Keep asking ST support to escalate to a higher level of support.

I am trying with Smartthings support. It has been a slog. I definitely checked with a real human at T-Mobile who verified all of my messages to 844-647 are going through and that nothing is coming back. I also tried to set up a phone on Verizon to receive notifications for the open sensor and they had the same problem – it sends but nothing comes back. The same thing is happening on my partner’s phone (also T-Mobile).