Problems with SmartThings App -No network connection

Hi All,

Can someone have a solution to this lag behavior? It’s very annoying and usually happens when I need app the most!

Thanks
Vlad

Hi @Sterian_Vlad , unfortunately ST’s app is just that slow when you have a lot on your dashboard. There are also other factors that could be impacting you, such as Quick Controls on any of those devices, as well as custom DTH’s that may need updated for the new app.

I’ve removed as much as possible from the Dashboard so it only has to update just a few devices, which are the most important to me. You might want to try the same since that seems to have helped me a lot.

4 Likes

What a brilliantly simple suggestion. I occasionally had similar issues and just cleaning up my dashboard has had an immediately positive impact. Thanks John!

3 Likes

About half the time I leave the house (go off WiFi) and then come back (go back on WiFi), if I open the new SmartThings app, it continues to report ‘No Network Connection’ even though my phone (Samsung S8) has been successfully using the WiFi since I got home. E.g., this could be hours later. It only clears up if I toggle off and on the WiFi after having opened the new app. It looks like the app is somehow missing the initial network change notification when it isn’t open.

FWIW, I’ve removed most devices from the dashboard and that has no impact on this.

It really worked somehow…I removed from favorites the unnecessary hardware and started working better.

I never thought of that :fleur_de_lis:

Thanks,
Vlad

3 Likes

Glad that that helped @Sterian_Vlad .

I think this is a different situation than mine…I don’t know…

1 Like

I had a connection problem in connecting with the network using the App. The issue came about with an update. I fixed the issue by logging out and logging back in.

:100::100: this worked. I’ve also figured out why. It’s when they have new updated terms and conditions and they want you to accept them. When you log out and log back in you’ll be asked to agree to updated privacy policy or whatever.

Thanks man

Now that those who were suddenly getting this message after the iOS app update have gotten it resolved by logging out and back in or reinstalling the app, how many are still getting it chronically like me? I’m still thinking I’m the odd man out and something must be amiss with my setup to be causing this for 30 seconds every time I open the app. Thanks.

I am getting the same issues. Very annoying to have to delete the app and reload it all the time.
I am sure some of its me as its a bit of a maze to navigate all the app and with all the changes to the app most of the directions posted a while back don’t have any relevance to the new app since the screens and navigation changes.
heres a screen shot of the message I get all the time. Very frustrating.