Problems connecting from IFTTT (February 2017)

I can connect via IFTT and create an applet now!.

I’m curious as to whether this outage only affected the creation of new applets? Or existing one as well? Since I’m a new user, I don’t know if existing applets were affected.

Thanks.

1 Like

Existing applets were not affected, or there would’ve been a lot more people posting! The ability to use IFTTT is an essential integration for many people. :sunglasses:

For those who do have it working now, you might want to take a look at the following thread for ideas:

1 Like

Confirmed. Mine is working now!

1 Like

Yeah, original poster here and while I didn’t get any type of notification from support, I just tried and it worked fine for me too!

Very pleased to get to play with this too!

1 Like

Working for me too!

1 Like

It’s working for me now too. I have Google WIFI which was adding another level of complexity, I think. To make things easier - I got a network to WIFI adapter, and have all the ST hub and others on the same wifi. Google WIFI creates a mesh network, so it’s easier to have everything connected via WIFI and no hard network connections.

One thing to note, is if you’re trying to connect ST to your SMART tv, you need to have it on to be found. Didn’t think that would be required, so thought it would be in the pairing instructions but it wasn’t.

Anyways - I’m a happy camper now. Got everything I wanted to work, working. Thanks ST team & community!

1 Like

I was able to connect as well. Looks like it is all good now.

1 Like

I’ve seen this posted multiple times but the dates are old with people responding that it’s fixed now. I am finding that while attempting to connect my IFTTT account to my SmartThings hub I get a cannot connect error. Any simple fix for this beyond a complete reset?