Preview | SmartThings-managed Edge Device Drivers

In the ST app, follow these steps:

1. Go to your hub and select the menu (three-dot symbol in the upper-right corner)
  2. Tap on “Driver”. You’ll see the drivers installed.

If your device wasn’t recognized, make sure it is included in the fingerprints of the driver, you can verify that in the official Github repository:

1. Enter the driver folder and open the fingerprints.yaml file.
  2. The list of supported devices and the profile assigned to them will appear there.

Which device (brand and model) are you trying to connect?

2 Likes

Found it (the driver) installed in the app - thanks for the pointer.

The device is an Aqara (unsupported) leak sensor, using a pre-beta non-official driver from
https://github.com/veonua/SmartThingsEdge-Xiaomi

The driver came with appropriate disclaimers, and others seem to have gotten this particular sensor to work with that driver, so I will keep trying the pairing now that I know the driver is installed and follow-up in that driver’s thread if necessary. This sensor is included in the driver’s fingerprints.yaml.

(update: after a few retires, I was able to get the device paired and all seems working fine)

2 Likes

I know this goes against everything this thread is about but is there a way to change a device added with an edge driver back to a groovy handler?

You have to remove the device then remove the edge driver and add the device back. It should pickup the old device handler

How is it that you actually remove edge drivers? Is there a way that you can see a list of every driver that has been added to your hub from all sorts of different developers?

open the hub in the ST app, click on the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen and select Driver. You will see all the installed drivers and all the channels you have registered.

Hi, @GRClark. Developers cannot install drivers in your Hub directly.
They can only expose their drivers in a channel where you can enroll your Hub, after that, you can install them.
Also, there are some devices that are already connected to Drivers by default, take a look at this post:

So is it no longer possible to add devices which use a groovy handler? I’m trying to access a capability that doesn’t seem possible with hedge drivers - indicator lights on GE switches.

Also curious if you can give any insight whether devices will automatically be switched over from groovy handlers to edge drivers as this process proceeds…? I can’t imagine forcing everyone to remove and re-add devices to the hubs in order to use this new driver.

1 Like

I think a Custom Groovy DTH still takes priority over an Edge Driver if the fingerprint exists in both. But to your point, some GE/Jasco/Honeywell on/off switches in the Edge driver went live about 15 hours ago. I don’t see in the preferences.lua file for that driver the configuration parameter for the indicator light for those models. (I could also not be reading to code right)

1 Like

And it looks like the zwave-button Edge driver is also in Production. I’m currently enrolled and using their SmartThings Edge ‘beta’ channel zwave-button driver with my minimotes, but it causes the minimote to show offline in SmartThings when not being used continuously since SmartThings support advised me that it’s because the minimote is a ‘sleeping’ device.

Anyway, now that they have released the zwave-button Edge driver to production, does SmartThings automatically changed over from the beta driver to the production driver? Or do I need to re-onboard the device to get the production channel driver?

1 Like

How do you delete and re-add the minimotes?

I installed a GE Z-Wave paddle switch yesterday and it automatically went to an edge driver which has no settings for indicator lights. Not sure which one but have now switched it over to the following driver (not sure if it’s the one you’re talking about) which does have settings for indicator lights but doesn’t show up in webCoRE. Always liked setting indicator based on STHM settings. Dev followed up here.

Only for the Springs/Bali/Graber z-wave remotes. All other fingerprints are commented out.

Now that makes perfect sense. :thinking: Thanks. I’ll wait then…

It will be posible to add timeout preconditions and run locally?

Hi!
As I understand, the precondition and timeouts refer to the following options, right?

If so, these are already allowed to run locally. Are you having trouble running locally your routines using those options? If so, please share a screen capture of your configuration to see if there’s something else that could be causing the “Cloud” execution.

Note: Remember that only Edge-based or Groovy-based devices (with the flag runLocal:True) should be part of the Routine to be executed locally.

I believe he is referring to remains statements running locally. i.e. No motion for X minutes.

2 Likes

I also miss this a lot… when will they release this @nayelyz ?

Is this what are you looking for?

1 Like

exact, but I want to be able to use this in automations running local. If I use this time, it goes to the cloud

1 Like