Preview | SmartThings-managed Edge Device Drivers

hi a couple of my zigbee devices are going offline the ones using the zigbee contact sensor driver .
is anyone else noticing the same
thanks
]martin

Today’s hub update 45.11 should stabilise things.

1 Like

My Evohome died a few weeks ago both with SmartThings and ifttt.
I contacted Resideo their new owners and they are bloody useless. Their advice was to call a registered installer.
When i managed to explain what was wrong and ger an actual answer they said Evohome does not and will not support smartthings. Only Resideo products will. Problem is you cant add Evohome to their new Resideo platform.
I aksed further questions and got told to contact a local installer.
I spoke to no less than 3 of their local installers. None of which support the product because of poor service!

I asked Resideo again. I got no reply

Im unable to sign up to edge drivers, using any invitation link just gets me to a page where a circle is spinning.

Ive tried different browsers, devices, rebooted routers and hub, cleared cache and what not. What is the cause of this?
It was working before but I factory restored my hub and now nothing works.

Thank you!

Can you fix my account too please? I have the same issue

Hi, @Dixon.

I replied to you in this new thread: [Edge Drivers] Cannot enter Driver Channel invitation

Let’s continue our conversation to support you there, please.

4 posts were split to a new topic: [Edge drivers] Issue with Fibaro FGD-211

Hi

I have been testing BOSE edge driver and noticed that it doesn’t update ON/OFF status of the music player. you have to refresh it manually by pulling screen down on the app.

Anyone could help with that ? thank you David

I’m sorry to bring back a two years answer, but I’m facing similar problem and I wish I could soon reinstall all the channels I was subscribed to. I always get a loading wheel or a "you do not have permission to access the required invitation.

Short story I had old DTH and edge on my hub and old things I didn’t know if useful or not, so I reseted my hub. Talking to support for a week and they transfered my support to engineers. Never heard of them since.might you share how you did resolve this problem with the other users here?

Thanks again

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Edge Drivers] Cannot enter Driver Channel invitation

I have several Fibaro motion sensors FGMS-001 and one of them is updated automatic by Samsungs migration, to Smartthings zwave sensor.

Fingerprint for the automatic migrated is:
zw:Ss type:0701 mfr:010F prod:0801 model:1002 ver:3.03 zwv:4.24 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,59,80,73,56,22,31,98,7A sec:5A,85,84,71,8E,70,30,9C,20

Other Fibaro sensors have other fingerprint, and do not contain all the setting parameters when manually excluded and included.
zw:S type:2001 mfr:010F prod:0800 model:1001 ver:2.08 zwv:3.67 lib:03 cc:30,84,85,80,8F,56,72,86,70,8E,31,9C

Can both fingerprints be added to Smartthings zwave sensor, as both fingerprints are the Fibaro FGMS-001?

1 Like

Hi @Kina500

In the fingerprints on the zwave-sensor driver you can see that there’s one including mfr:010F prod:0800 which should accept your device, is that what are you referring to?

I have installed from SmartThings Edge Beta channel Virtual Switch Driver.
I have tested a few virtual switches using Beta channel Virtual Switch Driver.

Virtual Switch Driver is also in Production channel.

Does anyone else have experience about virtual switches using Beta channel Virtual Switch Driver?

Has anyone’s DTH virtual switches updated to using this Edge Virtual Switch Driver.

It isn’t that obvious how you actually create switches using the driver.

I have built virtual devices using a clone of the virtual switch and my best guess as to how to tell smartthings virtualdevices:create to use an Edge driver and they have worked fine to start with but after several hours1 they just stop working so I assumed I had guessed wrong or missed something. I first did that several months ago and have tried it from time to time since with no change. I’ll just recreate it in case something has changed.

I can’t remember if the same thing happened when I used the beta driver instead of my own variation but I suspect it did.

I do note that the installed-hubs objects show localVirtualDeviceAvailability: Available but as one of mine hasn’t been switched on for months that might not be of any significance and maybe I just completely forgot about it.

1 It turns out that ‘several hours’ is actually more like two or three hours though it could be an inactivity thing.

Are you still pretty sure they will come “soon”?

LOL :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have changed in SmartThings App virtual switch using community Virtual Switch Driver to use this Beta channel Virtual Switch Driver.

OK. Do the devices still appear as type LAN in the API?

Yes

And using original driver name
Virtual Switch Beta vSwitch Enchanced - switch (YG) LAN ( read using CLI )

Is there a support for the Ikea Rodret switch/dimmer

Mine does not see any compatible driver

Don’t believe there is. Even @Mariano_Colmenarejo says he doesn’t have a driver that can support it.