Post Requests for Zwave Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

Mariano is no longer participating in this forum and doing no further development on his drivers.

Hi all

Looking for a driver for the ring smoke/co alarm listener.

Manufacturer code

0346-0601-0101

Model

0601-0101

I have added, but it doesn’t get triggered. The tamper sensor works, but when i try to do a smoke test it doesn’t get triggered. Any help is appreciated

thanks

Just out of curiosity, which smoke alarm are you testing with the Ring listener? I had the Ring listener and never got it to work properly. Switched the the Ecolink listener. Thought it wasn’t working either (was using the test button on my Nest smoke/co detector. Decided to try some actual “smoke” in a can for testing smoke alarms and my Ecolink registered the alarm properly, but would not from the test button.

I tried to use the ring listener with this alarm It’s a natural gas and carbon monoxide detector. I don’t know how to trigger the alarm with natural gas, but since it detects carbon monoxide too maybe I will try smoke out. Will let you know. I hope that’s the case where maybe the test button doesn’t trigger it but actual alarm does.

I have a completely different brand (Frient) and when I press the test button, the alarm goes of, but it doesn’t send a message until I press and hold it for 10 seconds or so.

Has anyone been able to figure out a driver for the ring glass break sensor? I have the ring driver for the other sensors but it’s not compatible with this one.

Hi All

I hvae installed Z-Wave Thermostat MC driver and i am still unable to see them as a thermostat and rather seeing it as an energy meter. Any help is appreciated.

Adding the screenshot from my Smart things module

Have you actually configured your thermostat to use ‘Z-Wave Thermostat MC’ as its driver?
If not, there is a trick in my.smartthings.com advanced user to assign the driver to a device despite the driver not having the fingerprint of the device.
I will try to find the trick and post it here.
Actually, it is developer.smartthings.com that you need to access. You need to access Tools→Edge Driver Builder.
Select your device, click Next, then ‘Modify Device Configuration’.
Then see if there is a Thermostat device driver that you can select, maybe ‘Z-Wave Thermostat MC’.
Good luck.

Hi,

Thermostats are complex devices, and depending on the manufacturer and the type of installation being controlled, they can have different capabilities, modes, and functions.
It’s not as simple as adding fingerprints, as is often the case with standard, simpler devices like contact or motion sensors.

It typically requires studying the documentation and creating a specific subdriver within the main driver. This involves dedicating several hours to writing and debugging the code.

I just recently purchased many Smartwings Levitate Cellular Shades (TDBU). When I add them to SmartThings, they show up as dimmers. Is it possible to add their fingerprints to the Edge Drivers, and will it work with TDBU blinds? Thanks in advance!

Model: 0004-0509
Manufacturer Code: 045A-0004-0509

Hi, could support be added for the Ring Smoke & CO Listener?

Device: Ring Smoke & CO Listener

Connection method: Hub (Z-Wave)

Manufacturer ID: 0x0346

Product Type: 0x0601

Product ID: 0x0101

Combined fingerprint: 0346-0601-0101

Model name: 0601-0101

It currently pairs in SmartThings, but I’m trying to get proper smokeDetector and carbonMonoxideDetector capability support.

Possible fingerprint entry:

- id: “Ring/Smoke-CO-Listener”

deviceLabel: Ring Smoke & CO Listener

manufacturerId: 0x0346

productType: 0x0601

productId: 0x0101

deviceProfileName: base-sound-smoke

The closest similar supported device appears to be the Ecolink Firefighter. Please let me know if any additional Z-Wave logs or device details would help.

This has been requested before, pretty recently.

  1. I’d need one to develop with before I could add it to my set of drivers.
  2. From peoples experience here it doesn’t sound like it works all that well or reliably.
  3. Personally any device that isn’t actually certified as a smoke/CO alarm I’m not sure I’d want to have it trigger those capabilities as if it was. Sure, people make their own choices about how much they rely on a device like that for life-or-death safety but its hard to bring myself to facilitate it.

Hello, I recently installed an UltraPro Z-Wave On/Off Switch, 800 Series, it seems to not yet be included in the current GE/Jasco lineage. Can this edge driver be updated to include these switches?

    "manufacturerId": 99,
    "productType": 18770,
    "productId": 13620,
    "fingerprintType": "ZWAVE_MANUFACTURER",
    "fingerprintId": "0063/4952"

Could you please add this fingerprint for an Ezlo Z-Wave Flood/Water Sensor to your driver?

Right now, SmartThings defaults to assigning it a contact sensor profile. Adding it to your driver under a Water / Leak Sensor profile will allow the UI dashboard tile to properly display as Dry/Wet instead of Closed/Open.

Device Details:

  • Device Name: Ezlo Water Sensor

  • Manufacturer Code: 025B-0201-000F

  • Manufacturer ID: 025B

  • Product Type: 0201

  • Product ID: 000F

  • Capabilities Supported: Water Detection (waterSensor), Temperature (temperatureMeasurement), Battery

Thank you!

This is already supported by my driver, see the following:

- id: "0063/4952/3534"
    deviceLabel: UltraPro Switch 76605
    manufacturerId: 0x0063
    productType: 0x4952
    productId: 0x3534
    deviceProfileName: ge-switch-scene-led

See: [ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

Please post this in the sensor thread if you’d liek to have it supported.