details(["switch", "temperature", "humidity",
         "refresh","configure","reboot",
         "ip", "uptime"])

to

main(["temperature"])
details(["temperature", "switch", "humidity",
         "refresh","configure","reboot",
         "ip", "uptime"])

i know this is an old thread but does anyone know where i can buy the fibaro door/window sensor that has the temp connection? their new model does not seem to have that anymore.

How is your temperature probe holding up? I’m thinking about doing the same thing but it looks like the Fibaro link is no longer valid… Do you have another sensor you recommend?

Unfortunately that version of the Fibaro door sensor is no longer available and the new one does not accept an external temperature probe. You should be able to find the old model on eBay though. That’s what I did for my Freezer monitor.

I made two of those floating boxes, one for the hot tub and one for the pool skimmer. One I drilled out a little on the large size, the other I drilled a nearly exact fit hole for the probe, sealed both up with silicone gasket maker. The larger-holed box ended up leaking through the sealant and killed the sensor. I think the probe could wiggle around in the hole a little bit and eventually wore a hole in the sealant.

The exact-fit box is still going strong :slight_smile:

FWIW, I’ve found a great easy solution for monitoring multiple thermometers at once (including pool/spa sensors). For less than $100, I got the Ambient Weather TX-3107 floating pool sensor bundled with the WS-8482 wifi weather station. The sensor broadcasts about 200 feet from my pool to the weather station in my house, which then connects to wifi. Then there’s a 3rd party smart app which integrates Ambient Weather with Smartthings. I set it up on ActionTiles and now I can see my pool temperature on my dashboard. It’s great! Cheap! And pretty easy to set up!

https://www.ambientweather.com/amws84823107.html

5 Likes

@PhilD2 Have you waterproofed the TH16? Or is it mounted outside your pool?

My Fibaro died, so I cannot figure out another solution at this point. Anyone using a different sensor? I dont really have power to pull from, so it needs to be battery. I maybe can use a low voltage device.

I use a Fibaro door sensor ( the older one) with a remote temperature sensor to monitor a freezer.

If you can find one on eBay you could put that in a waterproof box.

Thats the solution I was using, but mine died. Cant find a replacement

Personally I went with the La Crosse solution (eg https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYJ5L5B) – it’s a probe (and a basic external temperature as a bonus) + wifi based hub reporting to lacrossealertsmobile.com. The latter can easily be hooked up via webhooks to other systems (Alexa+Google Assistant in my case). Had it outside measuring the tub temperature every ~5 minutes for the last 6 months.

For the people using the sonoff th16, I would love to see pics on how its setup, its hard wired right?

Are you able to pull the data into anything that can be consumed by ST?
I would think if it can get into IFTTT then it can get into ST.

In my case I just did Alexa/Google Home, but theoretically yes, you can simply hook whatever you want to that AlertsMobile API that powers their website and app, it’s a very simple JSON output. Having said that, it’s an “undocumented feature”, so who knows how long it’d last (beyond running strong for like 7+ years up till now…).

Do you have any sample or format that could assist?

Was going to write something up - but here’s a quick sample:
{
“device0”: {
“success”: true,
“device_type”: “TX60”,
“obs”: [
{
“device_id”: “0001G31FA1B23FA1”,
“device_type”: “TX60”,
“u_timestamp”: “1582178094”,
“ambient_temp”: “52.4”,
“probe_temp”: “58.1”,
“humidity”: “80”,
“linkquality”: “100”,
“lowbattery”: “0”,
“success”: “9”,
“s_interval”: “99”,
“timestamp”: “2/19/2020 9:54 PM”,
“utctime”: 1582178094
}
],
“alerts”: {
“miss”: {
“id”: “501703”,
“alert_type”: “miss”,
“s_id”: “0001G31FA1B23FA1”,
“max”: “-100”,
“min”: “120”,
“wet”: “0”,
“alert_id”: “1”,
“phone”: “”,
“email”: “yes”,
“state”: null
},
“batt”: {
“id”: “501704”,
“alert_type”: “batt”,
“s_id”: “0001G31FA1B23FA1”,
“max”: “-100”,
“min”: “-100”,
“wet”: “0”,
“alert_id”: “1”,
“phone”: “”,
“email”: “yes”,
“state”: null
}
},
“ispws”: 0,
“unit”: {
“temp”: “°F”,
“temp2”: “°F”,
“rh”: “%”
},
“device_id”: “0001G31FA1B23FA1”,
“expired”: “1”
}
}

So is that the json string that comes in the webhook that can be ingested into IFTTT?
Or is that what you can pull into ST?

I get mine on Friday to try out.

I guess I can use webcore to GET the json and then response.probe_temp.

What is the URL?

https://community.smartthings.com/t/working-smartthings-hot-tub-aquarium-whatever-water-sensor/149885/3

Yes, you’d have to do a pull (get) on the URL (API) to pull this info down when needed.
I did my implementation via a chatbot that hits a custom glitch.com app (was a good excuse to test them) – I pull temp, probe temp, humidity, timestamp, and calculate the delay in minutes off the latter. This way, whenever I ask for it, I get my Alexa and Google Home devices reply with {temp} outside, {probe} water, {humidity}% humidity, as of {delay}.
The URL I got off the mobile app you will install to enable the bridge - when you “register” it via the app, you will be given your unique bride id, so the URL will look something like this: laxservices/device_info.php?&limit=1&timezone=8&metric=0&deviceid=XYZ