Today, I am pleased to provide the ST Community with the release of Ambient Weather Station V4.
New V4 provides supports for concurrent multiple instances of Ambient Weather® network stations and SMS alerts
This application provides:
- Integration of one’s network connected Ambient Weather Station and up to 99 Ambient temperature/hydro remote sensors into your SmartThings Environment.
- Access to ones’ local weather station data, regional weather forecasts, moon phase and weather alerts in the ST client Things List
- Control other ST home automation devices through SmartApps and/or WebCore pistons based on events from your network attached Ambient Weather station.
- Integration with Action Tiles for viewing selected weather attributes.
- A ‘No Background Tile Colors Option’ for Android o/s clients.
Weather Station Tile and Details View
Multiple Ambient Weather® Station Instances of Independent Operating Nodes
Allows for multiple Ambient Weather® system models or geolocation instances
Screenshots of Device Attributes
Ambient Weather® Station with multiple remote sensors
The installation instruction and software are the the Ambient Weather Station V4 GitHub Repository.
A network connected Ambient Weather Station which connects to the Ambient Weather Network: (e.g. Model 2902A for example)
Supported mobile device with ST Legacy Client
A working knowledge of the SmartThings IDE
- Installing a SmartApp & DTH from a GitHub repository (see SmartThings GitHub IDE integration documentation for example instructions and use the Repository Owner, Name and Branch from installation instructions below)
Ambient Weather Station API Key (Required)
- API Key String
An Ambient Weather Station API Key is used to securely connect this program to your Ambient weather station data.
GitHub Repository Integration
Create a new SmartThings Repository entry in your SmartThings IDE under ‘Settings’ with the following values:
Required Files in your SmartThings IDE Repository
These files below are required for V4 to operate. You will need to Update from Repo
|My SmartApps||kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station||NEW||4.0.0|
|My Device Handler||kurtsanders : SmartWeather Tile Station||Updated||4.0.0|
|My Device Handler||kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station||NEW||4.0.0|
|My Device Handler||kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station Remote Sensor||NEW||4.0.0|
- It is strongly recommended that all previous versions/files of Ambient Weather Station be removed from your ST IDE and only the V4 files from the above table are listed in your SmartThings IDE.
- Note: V3 cannot be updated to V4 due to the extensive re-coding to accomodate multiple instances of Ambient Weather® Station nodes and SMS alerts. A fresh/clean install of Ambient Weather Station is only supported.