[POLL] Help us pick the next EchoSistant feature

There have been requests for many new and interesting features for the EchoSistant. We would love to develop them all, but we cannot work on all of them at the same time :slight_smile: So we need your feedback on what should we tackle next:

Virtual Presence using Alexa - an interesting request came from @femwitjava to add a check-in/out for people coming and leaving the house. When arriving, have them say: Alexa, check in < Profile / Name > and when departing, have them say: Alexa, check out < Profile / Name >. This is an excellent idea for those without a location tracker. When creating a new Profile, you can enable a “virtual Presence”, which would generate a device (a virtual presence sensor) that can then be updated via ST app or voice (check-in/out command).

The second project, which we think is equally interesting, came from @greg - to have a guest PIN number that is timed to expire in X hours/days. This is also an excellent idea for those who have temporary visitors. You don’t have to give out your “master” PIN number, you set a temporary PIN, which automatically expires in a set number of hours or days. Again, in app and voice activated would be available.

Which Project should we tackle first :slight_smile:

• Check in/out feature
  • Temporary PIN number

0 voters

Have a feature request idea? Please share here…

2 Likes

We are also looking for more ideas… We can’t think of them all.

1 Like

I have multiple echo dots, probably a lot of people have more than one :smiley:. Is it possible that EchoSistant implements “context” sensitive commands to a specific Dot? You now have to use a profile and address that via Alexa with a specific command. Is it possible to have the EchoSistant couple a specific Dot to e.g. a room and just say lights on/off and it will only apply to the things in that room/profile/dot?

I would like to know if it is possible to do 2 commands in the same string without a followup. Alexa, tell the living room I am on my way and turn off the lights. Alexa, Message sent, lights turning off.

2 Likes

no, unfortunately that is not possible at the moment. There is no way for us to identify what device was used…

Possible but not a feature to be implemented any time soon…(wink, wink …v5)

An amendment to my suggestion - a pin that only works in certain modes. OR - only requiring a pin in certain modes

Example - In guest mode - I might want to show off my echosistant - no pin required - but in normal home mode - if they tried it - they would need a pin.

2 Likes

Well of course, for showing off your EchoSistant, pin protection with mode restrictions coming out, right away! When is the party? :smile:

2 Likes

I like that idea!

1 Like

Maybe version 6… The complexity to achieve reliability is insane!

1 Like

That would be great, but Amazon dies not expose the device UUID.

We can already come very close to that… With our room profiles and custom grouping

2 Likes

Looks like check-in / check - out feature is leading. @bamarayne already started working on it.

1 Like

Yep, it’s in work…

1 Like

By popular vote we are proud to bring you…

EchoSistant Virtual Person

1 Like

I should close the poll quickly, the race is tight we may need to actually do the temp pin if I don’t close it…lol

1 Like

Yep… But the virtual check in is already released.

Time for a new poll…

What’s next folks? Give us a challenge!

Thanks to everyone who voted or provided feedback. The new feature is now live. I hope you make good use of the check-in / check -out feature using the virtual presence. Many thanks to @femwitjava for the great idea. @greg this doesn’t mean that temporary pin and the pin prompt restrictions will not be implemented. In fact, I am currently working on the restrictions now, as I thought that was a great idea. Thank you and keep the feedback coming!

2 Likes

New Poll - Profile Edition is out…