[DEPRECATED] EchoSistant Version 4.0 ~ Evolved

Thinking along those lines… is it possible to create 1 profile in the ST App, then create 3 Alexa Skills with differing invocations to match the profile?

Profile JR --> controls Jonathan’s Room

Alexa Skills

Invocation - Johns Room Profile JR
Invocation - Jonathans Bedroom Profile JR

Yes, I do that now. I have Gabriel invocation for sending messages. Alexa tell Gabriel… and Gabriel’s Room for device control. They both share Gabriel profile and intent.

Life couldn’t be easier!

1 Like

No, not even the different groups within the same Profile have ANY problems using the same devices.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

With the questions and feedback of our users we are determined to bring you the best possible experience that we can when you use EchoSistant, and because of you we are working daily to bring EchoSistant to full maturity.

This update brings you expanded feedback capabilities for contact sensors on your doors and windows.

you can also start the color loop from the profile. Alexa, start color lo in the living room

To perform this update successfully you must:

1. Update the EchoSistant Parent App
  2. Update the LIST_OF_COMMANDS in the custom slots of the MAIN INTENT SKILL

Do you want to know exactly what doors, windows, or both are open or closed at any time? Well, now it’s really easy to find out. Just ask EchoSistant! :joy:

Alexa, ask home what doors are open.
She will respond… (if you have 2 doors open)
“The following doors are open, Garage door, Front Door”

Alexa, ask home how many doors are open.
She will respond…
"There are 2 doors open, would you like to know which ones?
Then just say yes or no, and she will tell you.

You can ask which doors are OPEN or which doors are CLOSED.
You can also ask about your windows in the same manner.

Now, let’s say you want to know what windows AND doors are open…

Just ask this…

Alexa, ask home what’s open?

I’ll let this response be surprise!!!

… and don’t forget… you can still ask about individual devices as well…

Alexa, ask home is the garage door open?

The small print…
There is a change to the UI with this update.
You will now choose contact sensors that are on your doors only. (include the garage door here too)
You will now choose contact sensors that are on your windows only.
You will now choose contact sensors that are NOT doors or windows.

Please see the wiki for a list of tested commands

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=EchoSistant#Officially_Supported_Commands_and_Phrases

The disclaimer:
Commands and phrases may not work the same for every one. Depending upon accent, country, and things like how many drinks you might have in you already, Alexa will hear us all differently. So, try different things and see what works for you. If you find something that works that is NOT listed in the Wiki… Let us know.

Thanks!
Jason and Bobby

1 Like

FYI…

OUTAGE ALERT…

Amazon AWS is reporting wide spread server issues. EchoSistant may not work…

1 Like

and now my hub is offline… total shutdown of the internet!!!

ARMAGEDDON!!!

There are reports that the outage is over. I am still without my assistant. Almost forgot how to use my remote to turn on the TV. And certainly my kids were not happy to hear that 'there are issues accessing your skill"…

I had to use my switch… In the wall… You turn down my ceiling fan…

It took me three try’s… I’ve never used it!

3 Likes

Have you checked the weather lately? Soon, you might be able to ask Alexa only about the weather elements you are most interested in. Who needs to hear what the weather is going to be tomorrow, when all you need to know, is if there are any chances of precipitation later on today… Who knows if it will rain today? Do you know?

1 Like

Echosistant is gone from IDE!

nevermind… wrong shard… what the heck…

2 Likes

Announcing the EchoSistant Weather 2.0

Updates are required for the Notifications Add-on , Main Parent app and LIST_OF_OPERANDS

The ES Weather 2.0 brings a wealth of weather features to EchoSistant.

Alexa can answer to questions like:

What’s the weather/forecast (for) today/tonight/ tomorrow?
How’s the weather outside?
Is it going to rain?
Is there any chance of rain today/tonight/tomorrow
What’s the temperature outside?
What’s the UV index today
Is it windy outside?
How’s the wind like outside?
What is the current weather condition?
Are there any weather alerts in my area?

If you have the Notification Ad-on Installed, now you can be informed when weather alerts are issued (and yes, you can select which alerts matter to you)

Also available hourly forcast updates. You can select what weather elements you’d lile to know if they change from the past hour’s forecast…

And this is not an all inclusive list! Just some examples. I dare you to try to see what other weather info you can get!

Enjoy!

The weather on the Dashboard…

3 Likes

Sorry. I missed your response.

When I say Alexa tell my home to enable the curtains, this is the log.

Not a problem. I don’t really need to see the logs. And by the way, you may want to remove the ones you just posted, as they contain your app details. Just let me know if commands worked to operate your blinds…

I got everything set up, and the main intent is working although when I go to use my profiles, only lights will work. For example, if I say, Alexa, turn on the tv in the kitchen. It responds turning on the lights. It seems to be anything the profile does not understand it reverts to turning on the lights as the answer.

@bamarayne,

I went through all the setup again and it appears to be working, according to the tests.

When I ask, Alexa, ask home what is the temperature, she replied with the indoor temperature is 44, would you like anything else? I replied with No, she then said, sorry i heard that you were looking for feedback on …would you like anything else? I say no and she said, I’m not sure what you are asking

A couple things

1. The temp in here is 66 per my ecobee not 44 as she reports
  2. She is not cancelling when I say no to her question of is there anything else? I have tried no thanks, no thank you… she just won’t cancel, she will after several seconds of no further commands
  3. To be proper and polite, when I ask her to turn on a light and she says, OK, turning on [light], if I say Thank you, is it possible to make that the end of the request and she just exits? No need for anything further if a Thank you is given.

Just some thoughts
Rick

I cannot operate the curtains using EchoSist.

I have it setup currently as a switch, but when I say “Alexa, tell my home to turn the curtains off”

I receive the following in IDE

Looks like it doesn’t match the name of your switch…Is your switch called “curtains”? And is it both selected in the switch list in the Main app AND on the LIST OF DEVICES in the Amazon Main Skill (remember, every time you add a new device, you MUST generate the device list and then update the LIST_OF_DEVICES slot under the MAIN skill)

I’ll try to replicate on my end. Some logs would be helpful to make troubleshooting easier on both of us :slight_smile: