Please help: changed to Samsung account, now app doesn't work

When you signed into the Graph, did you see multiple locations in your new Samsung SmartThings account.
I had too. I first set my original as Default and than deleted the Blank location.

@vlad
you guys need a Backup/Restore function for accounts & the hub.

itā€™s really pretty wreckless with customers accounts/houses not to have such a thing.
before an account migration, the customerā€™s hub/account should be fully backed up (customer gets alert, has 30 days to opt in/out of backup, can chose local or your hosted cloud, option for auto delete 30 days after migration to guarantee stability and privacy, etc), then if a major problem happens, it can be restored.

it should also be customer accessible, because I seriously dread the day my hub fails and my house is reduced to a pile of digital ash.

Please, please push for this. After all this time, Iā€™m astonished itā€™s not part of the platform.

23 Likes

Iā€™ve been astonished with this since receiving my first Hub over 5 years ago. The Hub had a defect (loose solder on the power connector) and was promptly replaced: Only for me to discover that I had to manually re-add all my Things and SmartApps.

The problem really hit home when Hub V2 was released with no migration (backup/restore) tools for Hub V1 customers. That was nearly 3 years agoā€¦

(There are some rumors that migration tool(s) of sorts are being tested internally at SmartThings.)

4 Likes

considering its all ā€˜in the cloudā€™ supposedly and thats why it wonā€™t work when thereā€™s no external internet, it should be able to backup/restore your settingsā€¦

3 Likes

On a another subject, who has time to write down on paper or pc the backup codes to 60+ pistons?

1 Like

Do what I did. Open it in a web browser and print your setup to
PDF.

2 Likes

I hope soā€¦ with the V3 Hub now outā€¦ Iā€™m not really interested in a painful upgradeā€¦

3 Likes