Please help! Can't connect Samsung TV ks8000 to SmartThings hub

Reply from SmartThings support on November 2nd:

Jake (SmartThings)
Nov 2, 2:46 PM MST
Hi Eric,
Unfortunately, I don’t have any more information at this time.
We are still working on it and my developers have been since this week as well.
We will let you know the moment we have an answer.
Kind regards,
Jake K.
SmartThings Support

Reply from SmartThings support on December 28:

Jake (SmartThings)
Dec 28, 4:03 PM MST
Hi Eric,
Unfortunately, I don’t have any more information at this time.
We are still working on it and my developers have been since this week as well.
We will let you know the moment we have an answer.
Kind regards,
Jake K.
SmartThings Support

… exactly the same. Verbatim.

Welp. Also posted in thread Unable to connect to KS8000 - and with other info, it seems Samsung seems to have deliberately disabled the Smartthings integration with the KS8000 to try to replace it with crappy samsung connect integration??

I tried to download the Samsung Connect app & added my TV there. Big whoop, a wifi remote. NOT what I want. I went and tried to connect to samsung connect via google home - but I can only integrate with “smartthings/samsung connect” in one go, and guess what that points to my smartthings.

I tried to go to my samsung account instead of smartthings, no go. So I have a TV out here in limbo that I can’t turn on and off from my google home, because Samsung wants to try to push their latest and greatest crap which doesn’t integrate with jack squat.

How about your existing customers? If this is the kind of support we are going to get, there is no way I would ever buy any samsung connect or any other garbage that is just going to get support ripped out when marketing decides to try something new.

Cross-posted here as well, and you can see some of the conflicting messaging from Samsung in the thread there: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/TVs/Smartthings-integration-on-TVs-broken-for-months/m-p/239237/highlight/false