Phone(s) are frequently deselected in an automation

I’ve searched on here but not seen this symptom mentioned before.
I have a created a very simple automation to set the system to Away, when both occupants (i.e. their phones) leave the premises.
It works perfectly. But after a day or so, the “who” of the IF option simply gets deactivated in the app.
The radio buttons for both phones become unchecked. Not by me, autocratically by SmartThings.
Anybody else experienced this?

Hey there! @JohnM278, I haven’t seen reports of this symptom reported either. I would be sure to submit a support ticket with screenshots showing the Phones removal from the automation.

These steps are not guaranteed fixes. There are many variables outside of SmartThings’ control that affect mobile presence including Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity, mobile devices’ native capabilities and battery/data allocation, electromagnetic fields, and other innumerable factors. Results may vary by person, by phone, and by area.

Log out of the Samsung account on the mobile device and log in again:

iOS: Home screen, touch Menu (Menu icon) >Touch the account username>Touch Sign out>

To manually enable or disable your mobile presence in SmartThings follow these steps:

From the Home Screen, select the Menu > Tap the Gear Icon>Toggle the switch next to Get your location from this phone.

Check Geolocation settings and reset them.
Home screen > Touch More options (More Options icon) > Manage location > Touch Geolocation. Press and drag the pin to the correct physical location and then save.

Ensure only one mobile device is logged into the same Samsung account – each mobile presence device must have a unique user. Ensure there are no battery saving/limiting apps, software, or settings active on the phone.

Enable Location Services to the Highest level of accuracy for IOS.

iOS: Open Settings> Touch Privacy > Touch Location Services > Touch SmartThings > Set to Always.

Confirm iOS Background App refresh is enabled in the phone’s native settings
Open Settings > Touch General > Touch Background App Refresh > Toggle SmartThings to ON.

If the symptom persists, I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:
US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell