OSRAM RGBW Bulbs Group & Virtual Control

Great addition! I have several Osram Flex Strips and grouping them together works great. Thanks!

So, using this app I can control my BR30 style RGB bulbs from the virtual app, no problem; so THANKS. However; weird issue iā€™m seeing is when trying to change the color form something like a Google Home; it can change the color 1 time from the google home; and then it doesnā€™t anymore. If you change the color via the app, you can then again change it via the google homeā€¦

When controlling the lights individually from google home; you can change the color as much as wantedā€¦ So not sure where the issues lies. Just getting into this stuff; but is there a log anywhere I can look into for errors with the code?

I had the exact same issue so I switched to using the trend setter smart app to control my group. They work great now.

Can you perhaps post the link to the app you are using?

Thanks

Here you go.

Thanks. From what Iā€™m reading itā€™s not quite what Iā€™m looking for. Thatā€™s a great app to control multiple devices at a time, but unfortunately it doesnā€™t work for door sensors. Itā€™s designed for lights and stuff like that.

Iā€™ve been recommended to use CORE logic for this in another thread. Iā€™m going to give it a try:

Does anyone know if this virtual switch like app works with Osram Lightifyā€™s Dimmable Tunable White light bulbs found here?

Iā€™d really like to tune them to a specific color temperature with a click of a button since the color resets to yellow if the physical like switch is turned off.

thanks

EDIT: I think i found it here ā€“ [UPDATED] Osram Lightify RGBW A19/BR30 US version (HA) DTH

I was experiencing this as well, I changed setColor to the following and it seems to have fixed it for me.

def setColor(value){
//log.debug ā€œsetColor(${value})ā€
// stupid hack to set the state the first time this device is used. Wonā€™t select a color other than #FFFFFF without it.
sendEvent(name: ā€œcolorā€, value: value, data: value)
}

1 Like

Nice, Just pasted this into my system and got it running last night. Well done. Can use google home to command the colors and whites (Incandesent, Moonlight, Daylightā€¦).