Looking for SmartApp to Control Color of OSRAM Lightify Tunable Bulb

Hello! I was wondering if someone has a SmartApp for my scenario. I’d like to control the color and dimmer of an OSRAM Lightify Tunable A19 bulb. The application I have is in a bedroom ceiling fixture. I would like to perform a Gentle Wake function in the morning, gradually bringing the bulbs up to full brightness and at a high color temperature. Then set the color low for the rest of the day and evening.

Currently I can control On/Off and dimmer level through a SmartApp, but not color temp. I have to manually go to the bulb control in my ST app and change the color there. Any ideas on how I could accomplish this?

FYI. I’ve been using ST for about a year, am currently using the V2 ST hub and an iPhone 6. I have the Lightify bulb paired and working correctly with my ST hub. I am not a developer, but have logged into the IDE and made simple adjustments.

Many thanks in advance for any help or direction.

You can do this with Rule Machine.

Thanks for the quick response!

Looks like RuleMachine will provide me a way to code my own solution. Not sure I have the time or energy to do that. Certainly there must be an existing ST SmartApp or perhaps a third-party iOS app (SmartRules?) that will allow me to accomplish this simple task?

Did you give Rule Machine a good look?
It requires no coding other than copying and pasting.

It’s got a GUI for the phone where you click on a device you want and then tell it what you want to do and when.

1 Like

Thanks. I appreciate the second vote for RM. I’m going through some discussion threads and am seeing the number of folks using it. I’ll give it a solid read-through and try it out.

I’m surprised the SmartLighting SmartApp won’t recognize the OSRAM lamp type and provide the option of changing color along with on/off and dim. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. :cake:

It’s been said that color temp is on the shortlist for the next update of SmartLighting, but those official apps can take a while to evolve.

If you’ve been in the IDE, then copying/pasting RM in there is definitely your best bet until then.

1 Like

Thanks. Good to know. That confirms an assumption I had.

I do have a Hue bridge and a number of Hue White extension bulbs working just fine with ST. But the $60USD price tag for each Hue color bulb gets expensive with a three-lamp ceiling fixture. Finding the OSRAM tunable white bulb appears to be a lower cost way to accomplish what I’m trying to do. I really don’t need full RGB lamps.