Osram LIghtify Updating

I have a couple Lightify bulbs. I have the OTA turned OFF in the ST hub settings. But for some reason the bulbs periodically decide to update. That in itself is not the problem. But they seem to want to do it in the middle of the night. And if they update they turn themselves on. I’d like to know what software engineer came up with that scenario.

Any ideas on how to stop this?

How are you determining they did an update?

You sure they are actually updating? I had one that began turning on when it was checking for an update (even with OTA lights off), I reset the bulb and appears to be back to normal. It was frequently (2-3 times a week) dropping off the network too and that also has stopped.

You’re right, I don’t know for sure they actually updated. But in the IDE it shows it checked for an update at the time it came on.

Looks like like I jinxed myself. Found the light on when I came home and low and behold coincides with the last update check. So resetting lasted for 1-1 5 weeks. Time to ditch it and swap in a Senglad.

email support. they may be able to look at some logs and tell more what is going on.

I already had one go round with support which suggested a bunch of things that really weren’t applicable as they were after mostly network issues. . . but I have several zigbee devices right near this bulb and they are all fine. I’ve even got another Osram bulb in the vicinity that’s also fine. I’ve got 2 Sengled just sitting in the"bought on sale box" so might as well use one.

Now I’m not sure what is going on. The bulb has come on the last 3 nights around 2 to 3 am. I have another one of these about 2 feet from that one and it has not come on any.

Does the IDE show that the firmware is up to date? If not, it may be good to turn on ota update and then force it to see if it helps.

It says the firmware is up to date. I may try turning on the OTA and forcing anyway.