Old Hub firmware on boarding

Hi,

I purchsased a v3 Wifi Hub which is brand new in box, i onboarded the wifi hub as a new location to be able to check functionality as a standalone device and a dev platform, wifi - zigbee - zwave. All seem to be good but the device fimrware version is 000.032.00012. It has been online for 3 days now and not picking up a new firmware.

Will this have been dropped by Smartthings now as being too old and not able to deploy new firmware?

Is there a way to incrementally update manually so Smartthings is able to update OTA?

thanks for the assist

Jom

I’m thinking now, i think i should remove one other pod from my mesh and on board it as another site to see if it actually is updating OTA if its role is only as a wifi mesh device.

my suspicion was wrong… i removed a mesh pod and onboarded as another location and it does appear that it is updated to ver 000.046.00010

although zigbee appears * State: Not detected, but that’s a prolem for another time

I just want to bump this in case anyone may have an idea.

The 4th STWifi pod in this topic i have in a Dev environment. It has been in firmware version 46.10 since May 2023 when i first got it and setup. Back then it had eventually upgraded from v32 to the current v46. My main set of 3 pods are already in v47.0012, so i thought it might just be a delay since it is still within the deployment period.

I decided to play around with it by removing the environment and on-boarded once more, now the firmware has reverted back to v32. Now it’s been 2 days and still hasn’t picked up an upgrade.

is this normal? A removal of Smartthings reverts all ROM upgrades?

You should contact SmartThings support for your country.