[OBSOLETE] Xiaomi Zigbee Outlet (Steps to Pair any Xiaomi Zigbee device!)

Wondering about the reliability of using this in the attic for dual uses of the thermostat to trigger it and then to switch on the power to the attic ventilation fan. It’s quite a hassle to lug the ladder upstairs to access the attic so I’d prefer something that didn’t require me to access it after installation. Zigbee signal strength is not a concern.

I’ve found them to be as reliable as smartthings can be. Definitely more reliable than official smartthings sensors. You need to make sure they are properly paired a couple of days before putting it up there though.

EDIT: apologies, I thought this was in reference to the temperature sensors. If this is about the xiaomi outlet, then I don’t recommend them personally for reliability. Others have found them to be good but I’ve had a lot of issues with them causing sensors dropping off.

2 Likes

Thanks. Ordered a temperature sensor and will use it with the Peanut Zigbee plug which I’ve found to be very reliable.

Hi Everyone,

in the past 15 days I got 3 new Xiaomi Plugs (2 separate orders). Unlike the one I already have the LED on all there just blinks yellow (no red/blue) when Plug is ON. If the button is held while the plug is on after 4-5 seconds the LED stops blinking for something like 2 seconds and then resumes.
I have not been able to “catchall” anything from any of the 3. They are located quite close to the smartthings bridge (same location where I’ve paired all the rest of my Xiaomi sensors. I have quite a few (all kinds) that are working flawlessly. I tested many times every possible combination that I could think of - OFF + long press, On + long prress + short press, On + several long presses, etc.)
Any ideas?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue. I currently have a number of Xiaomi devices connected thru the catchall method. however with the last batch of motion sensors, it seems the catchall id is constantly changing. I have tried with a xiaomi button and it remains the same. Are these faulty sensors??

thanks
fred

My experience is that the ID changes every time you reset the sensor.

Hi Simon

i tried with my Xiaomi button and that seems to remain the same… thats why i thought the changes with the sensor was strange. I will try to reset and use the first id that appears.

thanks
Fred

Hi all, someone may help me?

Hi All,

Apologies, but could do with some help on getting the Xiaomi Outlet to work.
Quick backgound:

• I live in Australia
  • US ST hub (the kit) and the motion sensor and multi sensors connected stably.
  • I have Z-Wave disabled.
  • I bought 6 of the Xiaomi sockets from Aliexpr, not sure if I’m allowed to post links but they are described as “2016 new original Xiaomi smart socket …”
  • Rave’s xiaomi-zigbee-outlet.groovy device handler is installed (published “for me”)

I can’t for the life of me get these sockets recognised. I load ST app (android and samsung device), add a Thing, see it start looking in the live log, plug in socket and press button for ~5 seconds (the socket is blinking orange, after 5 seconds pressing it goes black, then starts blinking orange again). I check the events under my hubs, there are two types of entries

• “Z-Wave include search started”
  • several entries called “ssdpTerm”. I’ve opened them up and the only difference between them is the “ID” which I assume is an event ID. I don’t see anything called catchall.
  • The socket is approx 3-4 inches from the hub when I’m doing this.

I’ve read through multiple threads to try and solve this, but I’ve come up short. Apologies if I’ve missed the answer in my searching. Also, I’ve tried two of the sockets I bought with the same result.

Appreciate anyone reading this far

Cheers.

Hi all don’t know if someone could help me but I have paired 2 xiaomi aqara door contact. They show up as online but the status is stuck on open it doesn’t seem to pick up any changes.
Thankyou

OK … I’ve had a moment of clarity and idiocy.
I think I’ve bought the wifi versions of the socket. The “uh-huh” moment was that I couldn’t get a blue light for the life of me.
I’ll look further into this and revert.

is there a way to measure power consumption from the xiaomi outlet? I know it is supported in the default xiaomi app.

Wpuld be interesting to if it does work …

Hi there,

Did you get an answer about the power consumption? I believe the answer is no.

I am about to pull the trigger on a few of these. I have other xiaomi zigbee devices and am using a4refilled DH’s. I see that quite a number of people have issues with the socket/outlet. Is there a known reason why it doesnt work?

no, i didn’t get an answer.

These sockets are working for me. In fact i have better experience with these xiaomi sensors than with Iris (they are shit btw).

I do believe that xiaomi outlets/sockets have a build in sensor for power consumption, just need to find a way to dig it oout.

Hello

I am new to Smartthings (in Aus with a v2 US hub). I’m very happy with it so far with the Xiaomi sensors i’ve got so far (with more coming!), and the online resources have been invaluable in getting it all up and running. However i have had no luck getting a catchall from a Xiaomi socket after trying lots of different things suggested online, and persistently trying to reset, remove and insert it, over and over, for days now.

I bought one specifically stated as the Zigbee edition (from lightinthebox). But I don’t know if i simply need to persist with the instructions above until it finally works, or if they actually shipped me a non-Zigbee edition instead of the Zigbee edition i ordered. Is there a way to confirm if a Xiaomi socket is Zigbee edition? I don’t have a Mi hub.

Cheers

I have installed several xiaomi products, and all work well, but the integrated temperature sensor in the sockets tells me about 6 ° C less than the reality. Does it just happen to me?

What about looking for an addition WiFi device appearing in your proximity when you plug it in? I’m not sure if it the WiFi version will broadcast an SSID - if it doesn’t you should still be able to see it with a tool like WirelessNetView. If it has WiFi, it’s not the ZigBee version.

Could anyone please tell me if this plug will served as a zigbee repeater? I need to react one of the sensor which is too far away from my hub thus I need one repeater in between. Thank you.

The outlet is a zigbee repeater.

Will the out lets work in the US the plus looks different