New washer and dryer giving a 15-200 error code when trying to add in alp

When I try to add my washer and dryer to smart things I keep getting a 15-200 error code. I’ve reset my router, deleted the app and reinstalled, restarted my phone… everything… I bought this washer because of its app capability and now I can’t connect it.

First question - are there any special characters in your WiFI SSID or WIFI password?

Model numbers of your washer and dryer as others will ask :slight_smile:

Tagging @SamsungZell

1 Like

Nothing special about my wifi password. Just numbers and letters. Also my washer and dryer are:

Dryer: DVE52A5500C/A3
Washer: WA52A5500AC/US

Hey there! @AmyeHookey, Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile: I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with adding your appliances to the Smart Things Application, thank you for providing the model codes and the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

Both models codes that you provided indeed have WiFi capabilities and are able to be onboarded into the Smart Things Application.

What method are you using to add the appliances?
Have you already attempted to add them by searching the specific model codes?

When you receive the error code 15-200, there should be a (?) mark at the bottom of the page with specific troubleshooting steps.

Power off and back on the Appliance. Ensure your mobile device is close to the application and that Smart Control (not smart care) has been pressed for 3 seconds and the AP mode appears on the display or Smart Control Blinks.

If the symptom persists after attempting all the steps, I would recommend creating a Support ticket and submitting the error logs from the Smart Things Application so we can look into your concerns further with the code you are receiving.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

A lot of times this is a range/interference issue. How far from the router is your washer/dryer? Any chance you can move the router closer? Is your router dual-band? The appliances only work with 2.4GHz.