NEW USER : Smartthings STH-ETH-300: need welcome code

Hi,
we just bought a house and the previous owner has several smart devices installed and operated using the SmartThings Hub STH-ETH-300.
I installed the smartthings app on iPhone but when I tried to setup, it’s asking for a welcome code which I don’t have.
I don’t have any user manual or original box it came with!
ANy help/directon is appreciated.
Thanks,
Viktor

What hub were you selecting when you trying to set it up in the ST app? If you were selecting the SmartThings hub (STH-ETH) that is the v2 hub which requires the welcome code. But you listed that you have the v3 hub (STH-ETH-300) and should be selecting the SmartThings hub (IM6001-V3P) when trying to add your hub in the app :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the reply,
now I selected the …V3P but then it tries to connect to a WiFi network “st-hubv3-099” which I don’t have and sure didn’t configure from my side after moving to this new place.
How can I force the hub to connect to a WiFi that I have in my house?
thanks again.
Viktor

Hey there! @Viktor_sanatan, Thanks for reaching out for assistance with Changing the WiFi Network on the V3 Hub. It appears to be attempting to connect to the previous owner’s saved Wifi network. Normally, the option to “Update Wifi Information” is located in the Hub’s Three dot Menu Options under the Information Section for future references, it’s also where you locate the firmware running on the Hub.

Yours of course is not displayed until it has been set up in the ST App by being added to your wifi network.

A less than ideal but functional workaround to add the hub to your WiFi, that will keep the already set up devices:

1. Remove the ethernet cable (if plugged in)
  2. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Hub
  3. The LED will turn solid blue and then go dark
  4. Hold the reset button for ~15 seconds until the LED rapidly blinks yellow
  5. Release the reset button when it starts blinking yellow
  6. The LED will likely go solid magenta and then briefly solid red
  7. Once the LED is blinking blue, open the SmartThings app
  8. Navigate to Devices and select “Add a device”
  9. Select Wi-Fi/Hub → SmartThings Hub (IM6001-V3P) → Wi-Fi
  10. Scan the QR code as directed and finish setup

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Hi,
thanks again for the detailed steps.
I followed and successfully added the hub to my app on phone and connected to the WiFi.
However, I don’t see any devices that are connected previously!
is it because of hub reset?
hoe can I retrieve the connections?
appreciate your help again,
Viktor

OK, the writing is on the wall. After I reset my SmartThings hub, all the previous connections are lost.
I reset the hub and successfully connected just 1 Schlage Connect door lock.
the joy didn’t last long, the device appears on the “Devices” page on mobile app (iOS) but when I click on it just a “Connected” message appears.
I was expecting more options like locl/unlock/change codes etc…
I’ll post this on a relevant section/discussion of this forum.
Thanks again you all for your help and feedback.
Viktor

Tagging @rboy who loves locks

1 Like

I think what @jkp was hinting at is that you need a custom device handler to get access to advanced lock features (the stock device handler only allows for locking and unlocking):

Similarly for lock codes you can use the basic built in guest locks app or for customizable users, notifications and actions something like LUM