New Sonoff zigbee devices

There is a hidden LED on top that shines through. Hold the pair button for a few seconds until it blinks. That will update the sensor and it will start working!

Thanks. Needed to use a similar procedure to add a Sonoff SNZB-02 Temperature & Humidity Sensor, adding it first as a “Thing”, switching it to use the “SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor” device handler (built-in one) then putting it in pairing mode and rescanning before it would start showing any data.

More interesting findings with the SNZB-02 Temperature & Humidity Sensor. I had added it as a “SmartSense Temp/Humidity Sensor” but it was only reporting temperature events, humidity was not updating.

After much playing with various device handlers after reading about using the “ezex Temp & Humidity Sensor” DH on reddit , to get them to report temperature and humidity I had to re-add the device a couple of times with different device handlers.

So I think the overall procedure for the SNZB-02 Temperature & Humidity Sensor would be:

1. Press and hold reset button on the device for 5 seconds until the LED indicator flashes three times
  2. Add device on SmartThings app, first time will be detected as a THING. Rename and Save.
  3. Go to SmartThings Groovy IDE and change the Device Type to the Device Type to “ezex Temp & Humidity Sensor" (and change the name to “SONOFF Temperature and Humidity Sensor” if you like)

Once the above is done, do the following for Round 2 detection:

1. Add device on SmartThings app to scan for the device again. (Previously added device should NOT be removed).
  2. The renamed device will be detected and shown. Save the device.
  3. Go to SmartThings Groovy IDE and change the Device Type to the Device Type to “Sonoff Zigbee Button”. Also update the label.

Once the above is done, do the following for Round 3 detection:

1. Add device on SmartThings app to scan for the device again. (Previously added device should NOT be removed).
  2. The renamed device will be detected and shown. Save the device.

It looks like the device handlers send a configure command to the Zigbee devices when they are added and perhaps its only getting the config to send temperature from one DH and the humidity from the other. Someone with better knowledge than me could probably create a DH that’s a hybrid of the two I used.

The motion sensor (03) added as an ewelink motion sensor, runs in the cloud, and has an annoying red led flash on motion that needs to go.

I changed the type of Sonoff SNZB-02 to “Zigbee Motion/Temp/Humidity Sensor” and it started to work properly.

It´s missing the device fingerprint.

Added the device fingerprint and battery charge. Just import this device handler then pair the button, it should detect the button automatically the first time.