New SmartThings Schema Integration for Arlo

Ok, it seems that most of the SmartThings/Arlo integration features that I use are available in the new Schema.

On/Off Privacy Mode: Check

Motion Detection: Check

Record Triggering: Check
In the current Arlo Connect Schema, record triggering is only available natively in the STHM and wasn’t available in Automations. If I’m reading all of your responses correctly, then I’d like to thank you for making record triggering available in Automations and Scenes the new Schema.

Sound Detection: It is being looked at it for integration at a later time.

That leaves a few features that I haven’t mentioned yet.

In the new Schema, can I still put the Arlo cameras in SmartThings Camera Groups where all four cameras appear in a grid ‘and live stream automatically’ when opening the camera group?

Is the Arlo camera battery level available in SmartThings using the new Arlo Schema?
• It’s just the Arlo low battery notifications have been inconsistent at times and it’s nice to have SmartThings backing it up and alerting me too about low camera battery levels.

Does SmartThings monitor the Arlo cameras for device health in the new Schema?
• If so, then I’m hoping it’s less than the 6 hour window you mentioned above for the ‘periodic state check’.
• If not, then are the Arlo camera RSSI level events still available in the SmartThings IDE (see below)?
• I just need something to monitor the Arlo cameras since Arlo does not have the ability to notify me when an Arlo camera (or the Arlo Base Station for that matter) goes offline. So right now under the current SmartThings Arlo Connect Schema, I’m using a 3rd party Device Monitor SmartApp set to a one hour device inactivity timeout. This SmartApp apparently monitors SmartThings for the Arlo camera device events. Currently the Arlo camera device RSSI level events appear at least once an hour which I can see in the IDE on the Arlo camera device Events page.

2 Likes