New Smartthings app is not compatible with my iPad, Classic was working fine

I have been using the Smartthings Classic for a long while, then I was forced to migrate to the new version. When I tried to install the new version I’m told it’s not compatible with my device :frowning:
I would like to be able to control my devices but now I’m locked out. Am I being forced to purchase a new iPad? That would be a dirty trick.
My iPad is iOS 9.3.5… as I said, Smartthings Classic was running just fine. I would like to be able to control my devices again (I have over 50).

1 Like

Oh, and one more thing, if I load the Smartthings Classic, it loads, shows my devices but in a few moments it tells me to get the new app and locks me out… It’s like a slap in the face.

Smartthings is smart enough to tell me to get the new app, but not smart enough to see the new app won’t run on my device?..

I assume you have an older iPad that can not be updated to a newer version of iOS?

Yes, Correct.

“Apple announced a partnership with Samsung, one of its fiercest rivals, on Sunday morning. … At the same time, Samsung also provides Apple with key components, such as screens and other hardware, for devices including the iPhone and iPad. Jan 6, 2019”

… Okay, so my device not being allowed to run the new app seems like a move to help Apple sell more hardware… SMH

I have the same problem and I have a brand new iPad with the current software. Every time I try to access my sound bar the app drops, it works to control my TV but my sound bar will cause it to drop out

The app works fine from my old iPhone 6s.