New Ring Product (Door View), Device handler?

Any devs out here wiling to make a Ring “Door View Cam” (video door bell integration) using custom code?

Before you say ST already includes it… no they don’t.

Help ?

1 Like

First rule of home automation: the model number matters.

That particular model (the door view) is not officially compatible with SmartThings and never has been. But it’s new, so it may be in the future.

It’s not uncommon for different models to have different levels of integration.

Does it work with ring’s IFTTT channel? If so, you could get partial integration that way. But I’m not sure if it works with IFTTT or not, you would have to check with ring.

1 Like

Thx for the replies… I was hoping a custom device handler would be available faster than official integration.

Turns out the new Arlo Ultra cams (released over 6+ months ago), also not compatible w/ ST. Furthermore Rings stick up cam, been over 1 year… no ST compatibility either.

Hoping ST steps up. So far their support has been telling me to repeat the same steps as The original ring doorbell, as if they are clueless that the new Ring products (stick up cam & door view cam) are not compatible.

Found a temp workaround for this… it’s called SimpleCommands they have webapp, iOS & Android apps.

Hope this helps others