New Official Integration: Samsung Multiroom Audio


#329

I had about 3-5 seconds delay.


(Oleg Chernov) #330

I had one R1 and paired it with ST (although not right away).
I then got a second speaker and tried pairing it. Didn’t work.
Now I foolishly removed the first speaker.
What I left now with is two R1 speakers and no matter what I do they would not pair. I reset router, and hub and did all kind of things. No luck. So the question is can we add speakers to ST directly from IDE? or some other way?

And also, can you guys look into your IDE and see what kind of network ids your speakers have?


(Oleg Chernov) #331

Did you ever get it working?


(Mario Fuchs) #332

Hi Oleg,

No I have not. My latest attempts included setting the WAM3500 region to UK in the multiroom app. I also tried to add the device manually in the IDE, setting it to SamsungAudio and entering the MACid thereby hoping to wake something up. What was pretty much my last hope.

Bolchoy spasiba for checking in on me though! would be nice to get someone from ST-support to follow up on this (other than the UK email-support person that informed me that the WAM3500 isn’t supported).


(Oleg Chernov) #333

Driving me crazy, especially , because I HAD it paired before. I tried
everything no luck.


(Mario Fuchs) #334

@olegred sorry to hear that. In light of the trouble ST has had with Samsung TVs and different(?) implementations between US/UK, maybe @slagle or someone else from ST could be so kind and look into the SamsungAudio connect. Pretty please?


(Tim Slagle) #335

Please submit a support ticket so support can get this to the right people. :slight_smile:


(Mario Fuchs) #336

Done. Here’s my ticket number in case you want to give the responsible person a nudge :wink:
320191


(Oleg Chernov) #337

Should I file one as well?


(Oleg Chernov) #338

The only reason I bought two R1s is that I can integrate those with ST and Alexa for custom messaging. And now I can’t pair those. :frowning:

Hopefully, we can get it to work.


(Mario Fuchs) #339

I pointed ST Support to this thread starting at post #310, providing they read this they should realize that you have a similar problem.


(Oleg Chernov) #340

I want to update you on my situation. Not sure what made it work, but I
have reset the router last night. I mean hard reset. It still would not see
anything. Moreover, all my Wemo switches were gone.

So I removed all Wemo switches and installed new wemo app:

After that the hub found all wemos and, oh miracle!, it also found both of
my R1 speakers.

I am happy.


(Mario Fuchs) #341

@olegred Good on ya!

Have just gone through the customary first level support “reset ST hub by removing power, Ethernet and batteries - wait 20 minutes” No change. Even moved the R3 real close to the hub.

I will try to reset my ASUS RT-AC68U router even though it has been rock solid from day one.

I do not have any Wemo devices, but maybe a clue to the next step for me - start removing one smart app, try to connect, repeat and rinse until culprit found. But oh, so time consuming.

@slagle One would have thought that device handlers and smart apps are operating in their own space so to speak, to avoid cross-talk? (Not a programmer, pls excuse any mis-wordings)


#342

I had pairing and disconnect problems until I added the WAM250. Rock solid ever since . Added 2 R5’s a cpl days ago. Plugged them in Pressed a button on the WAM250 and before the app could get started the speakers were already paired.

(not my auction)


(Brent) #343

I have a samsung R1 which I am trying to use for voice alerts. The speaker always begins to speak the command but fails to finish the command. Anyone know why this might be or a fix?


#344

I have been having the issue with the R1 speaker, hopefully someone here can help fix it. I couldnt figure why it was doing that


(Stephen Ross) #345

I had the exact same experience with my R1. Wouldn’t connect even I first tuned it on and tried to pair with the network. Just spinning and spinning. Then somehow it connected. Can’t remember war I did really. One thing though, after I got it to connect I noticed the speaker was performing really poorly. It was playing audio in stuttered stops. I truly believe the firmware it ships with is absolutel crap. So immediately I upgraded the software. Then I connected to Smarthub and set up notify me when and added an announcement. It worked pretty much immediately but it’s a little flakey. It sometimes doesn’t play the text notification completely like it will skip the first word. There is also sometimes a lag before it plays but mostly it works. Shame on Samsung for putting it out with half baked software though.


#346

mine stopped working - had 2 TVs and all my speakers J650/R1/R3/R6 working with the latest update all are showing offline and are no longer responding - if they just crippled the integration to that one speaker then …

I will log a support case as the boxes clearly state: works with smartthings - which it did until the last change …


(Mario Fuchs) #347

Update: I did a complete factory reset on my router. Lo and behold: the R3 is finally connected. Sort of…
I can play/pause. Changing volume kind of works but the slider seems to get stuck and only reacts to large changes. Right now the volume is stuck at 24% and there is no way to get it lower.

Basic functionality, but the main reason is to hook it up as an audiable alarm, but that’s for later. GLad I got it connected!


(Joe Cribbs) #348

Glad to hear that you got it working. Sadly, volume control is flaky at best, nonfunctional at worst. It would be nice if Samsung/Radiant team/Smartthings team could get the basics (play, pause, volume control) working…