Samsung Speaker integration with ST Help

Hello ,

I need some help with my samsung speaker integration with ST.

My problem is its not playing any sound or message on my samsung speaker. During setup it was able to detect the speakers. I did some test setup to play message when motion is detected or door opened. But the device history shows the action has been triggered but i dont hear any message/sound on my speakers. I also noticed the device status shows “Paused”. I’m attaching the screenshots of my setup.

I need your help to see what’s wrong with my setup.

Thanks in advance,

Anyone using samsung speakers with ST hub for notification ? I need your help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Last weekend i got a samsung Radiant 360 R7 speaker. To my frustration even the R7 is not working with ST. I tried with all smart apps but nothing seems to be working.

Anyone using the R7 speaker with the ST pls share your experiences.

Thanks in advance

paused is OK, the speakers aren’t muted are they?
I have 4 M5’s that I use exclusively for tts notifications, I would find them randomly muted from time to time.
I now explicitly unmute them before sending TTS…

Thanks for your reply Mike. My speakers are not muted. Can you tell me how do you explicitly unmute the speakers. The history shows the actions triggered correctly. But i dont get any sound notifications on the speaker. My samsung soundbar status always shows “Paused”. My R7 speaker always shows “Stopped”. I’ve have been trying all possible options to make it work since last week but no luck for me.

Firstly, do they work with the samsung multi room app?
Is the speaker firmware up to date? (This is in the sami app)
Do they respond to mute unmute and volume in the st speaker devices?
When you play a track in the sami app, does the track name show up in st?
When you send tts to the speaker in st, have a look at live logging in the ide, any thing unusual in there? (Null pointer exceptions mainly)
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a sense of where the issue might me, so I’m starting at a low level before we start digging into st.

I have also been having problems with Samsung speaker (WAM750) integration with ST and have open support Tix since April 2016. I have been told there is an open Engineering tix on this. I was given a work around that worked a while for me but then broke again. Try adding a temporary volume change in Speaker Notify with Sound - “More options -> Temporarily change volume”, select a value, and save.

1 Like

Mike, Here are the answers for your question.

Firstly, do they work with the samsung multi room app? : Yes, they work in the samsung multiroom app.
Is the speaker firmware up to date? (This is in the sami app) : Firmware is upto date for both of my speakers. I checked in the multiroom app.
Do they respond to mute unmute and volume in the st speaker devices? : Yes…when i try to decrease and increase the volume in the ST app, it changes the volume level. check the attached screenshot.
When you play a track in the sami app, does the track name show up in st? : Yes, the track name shows up. Check the attached screenshot.
When you send tts to the speaker in st, have a look at live logging in the ide, any thing unusual in there? (Null pointer exceptions mainly)
: I have attached screenshot of the IDE for this event. I’m not clear what else i need to look for in the IDE.

Appreciate your help in troubleshooting my issues. Thanks in advance

Thanks @blottje for your reply. I tried to do the option you suggested but i don’t see the “Temporary change volume” option in my list. Maybe the support team has to do a manual push for me to get that feature added. I will also report this issue to the ST support team. Its good that I’m not the only one have issues with the samsung speaker. I have been reading in this community that many people have similiar issues.

Ok seems like the samsung to st integration is working correctly.
There are two apps I would try to use with them, one is big talker, the other is smartthings notify with sound.
If either of those work, then at least you know that your integration is up to par.
I should add that tts has been flakey on the st side for the past few weeks.

Can someone please tell me the steps to add Samsung R1 wam1500 to smarthings,already i added the bigtalker but missing the steps for the IDE handler and the speaker itself.

thanks

Sam

@JDRoberts can you help this fella with a link to the ide app install introduction?

The speaker is already installed, since you were able to find and control it via the mobile app.

1 Like

Are you still having issues? I’ve worked with the R1 and R3 and have both working well with ST. I can lend a hand if you need.

1 Like

I’m not sure, but TTS (text to speech) was broken for all smartthings users for about a month, and they only said it was fixed about a week ago. It’s possible that there is still some left over issue with that.

Or as others have said it may have to do with the Samsung speaker integration itself, as there have been some issues with that.

My suggestion would be to get in touch with support and see what they say. This may be an issue beyond your control. Let us know what they say.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

@slagle

Thanks @Jnick .Yes I’m still having issues with the my R7 & HW-J7500 speakers. Still no luck after having tried all options suggested in this community. I also reported the issue to the support team as well. If you see the screenshots i have attached, the ST is triggering the events correctly but I’m not getting any sound or TTS in my speakers.

Thanks @Mike_Maxwell I have been testing this integration from the beginning with the ST smartapp “Notify with sound” but no luck till now. I dont see the “Big Talker” app on my list.