New Official Integration: Samsung Multiroom Audio

No they aren’t documented, other than in code. The command you want is playTrackAndResume, same parameters.

ok - now I am getting a different error:

c291f2b2-8d6e-4b48-b3df-b249f4446e0f 21:26:35 BST: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: client for class: physicalgraph.amazon.S3Service$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$c9f1208
c291f2b2-8d6e-4b48-b3df-b249f4446e0f 21:26:35 BST: debug playTextAndResume(“https://s3.amazonaws.com/smart-media/tts/you_are_now_in_home_mode.mp3”, 50, null)

as variable I use (“https://s3.amazonaws.com/smart-media/tts/you_are_now_in_home_mode.mp3”, 50) as the input without the brackets

edit: ok - had the wrong URL but still getting errors now …

c291f2b2-8d6e-4b48-b3df-b249f4446e0f 21:41:32 BST: error groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: client for class: physicalgraph.amazon.S3Service$$EnhancerBySpringCGLIB$$f8cd9a49
c291f2b2-8d6e-4b48-b3df-b249f4446e0f 21:41:32 BST: debug playTextAndResume(“https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/tts/you_are_now_in_home_mode.mp3”, 6, 50, null)

maybe third time lucky but nope: now using the correct method:

c291f2b2-8d6e-4b48-b3df-b249f4446e0f 21:46:35 BST: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script1464218874074703960685.playTrackAndResume() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [“https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/tts/you_are_now_in_home_mode.mp3”, 6, 50]
Possible solutions: playTrackAndResume(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), playTrackAndResume(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object), playTextAndResume(java.lang.Object), playTrackAndRestore(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object)

Ok fourth time lucky - this is how to do it with CoRE

so
parameter 1 without quotes: https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/tts/you_are_now_in_home_mode.mp3

parameter 2 - number: 6

parameter 3 - number: 50

so as I am able to push to a single speaker - how does this work for a group if at all? seems they all crawl the same url if I use multiple speakers …

1 Like

I have 4 M7 Speakers and a Samsung Mulitroom Hub, I have all of the speakers on the most update to date firmware and all working through the Multiroom App. I have added them to the SMR Hub by pressing speaker add on each speaker and the Hub.

However when I try to add them to Smartthings more than 4 IP addresses appear and none of the names of the speakers appear. I cannot figure out how to view the IP of the speakers and I have quite a few Samsung products on my network to narrow it down in my routers table.

But even if I add every single one, none of them show the activity of the speaker or allow me to play/pause or adjust volume. Some of them wont even show a play icon. Now I know 1 or 2 of the IPs are probably the hub. I am not doing anything with the speakers only searching for them through the ST app, and it populates.

Do I need to press the speaker add or WPS button when adding to Smartthings?

For anyone that has them working please advise, also what kind of things do you do with them in Smart Things?

Thank you!!!

I have the same issue as it seems the ST app keeps track of any assigned IP address ever used … What I did I looked up their IP and MAC address while packets being transferred - eg connect to a stream and check for continious packets to that stream - then use DHCP reservation to assign a fixed IP address to the speakers …

Another option is to checkthe IDE, my devices and take the ip addres value of the speaker in hex and use a conversion tool like this http://www.silisoftware.com/tools/ipconverter.php And then ping the IP do an arp lookup and get the MAC address from there to allow dhcp reservation

I use CoRE to play alarms if SHM fires, play arrival messages is someone arrives and got virtual switches triggering specific online radio stations when I hit the button …

with regards to adding them to ST - I used the multiroom app to add all speakers and then just used the ST app to add them, go to marketplace, add speakers then it will show a list of speakers and add then to the samsung audio app nothing to press on the speaker itself

I’ve had three of them for about 5 months. They are fantastic! IMHO, much better sound that Sonos (a little biased but I have done a side-side comparison) and are cheaper.

Support sucks and set up was a little sketchy initially but recent updates have improved significantly. No Google Play Music yet but coming.

@Tyler, any upcoming addition to include WAM 5500 and 3500?

The R series already works I use R1/R3 and R5 so the ones you are referring to do already work - just required the latest software update …

BTW, I am using the new Radiant speakers, not the older M series.

Radiant360 series

WAM 1500 = R1
WAM 3500 = R3
WAM 5500 = R5

Probably you got that wrong mate or I dont know what your inclusion question is on …

@Tyler @dckirker

well I had a play with this and though I am able to send notifications to a single speaker - sending to a group doesnt work and it will break the group - whats the progress on this or what are your findings as I saw this has been reported previously?

any comments on this?

1 Like

Hi all,

Can someone clarify whether TTS is working with Samsung multiroom? I have the curved sound bar and sub and 2xM5.

If so, how do you do it? I’ve tried ‘notify with sound’ smart app but doesn’t play any sound. Any instructions would be great!

I know big talker works well and I can send all notifications to all 5 speakers I have.

Set the speaker level to 50. I noticed when I set up the Speaker with Notify that it didnt work at first, but when adjusted the sound volume it did.

Also, it seems the Speaker Notify will always break groups, which is a thread i had started last week. No solution i am aware of.

1 Like

Silly question: what is “market place dth”? Thanks,

Thanks Joe, I installed Big talker and all working fine now. Cheers,

Great news. I was amazed at the fact big talker can say anything. I was opening and closing stuff the first time I installed it just to hear it. The person that made it did a excellent job on it.

Market place- device type handler

I’m trying these and while they’re ok there’s too big of a delay to announcements. When I had the Sonos it was nearly instant, these are at least 5 seconds meaning if a kid goes out the door and is moving fast enough I won’t get an announcement.

All I want is a speaker for announcements, there’s gotta be a cheap solution!

Anyone else having recent issues with TTS? It was working again up until last week I believe.

I can’t for the life of me remember where ST keeps the device type handlers for integrations. I don’t even know if this falls under that list, but I’d love to get my hands on it so that I can figure out how to cast to it :frowning:

Booo… No Samsung HW-HM45C Wireless Audio Soundbar control!