New Map View Feature (to visualize where devices are located in your home)

Yes mine its resolved too

1 Like

Hey @Tin_Hwee_Wang that’s great news! Didn’t mean to leave you out :hugs:

1 Like

Yes, this now works for me too. Yay!

1 Like

Can someone enlighten me as to the point of the map view feature? Seems a lot of effort to set up for not much gain?

2 Likes

I like the quick glance I can have of what windows or door are open, which light is on, if appliances are running and the temperature across the home.

It’s far from perfect, but we like it very much in our home.

2 Likes

Voluntary data mining :rage:

3 Likes

If nothing else, it’s kind of like doing a Crossword Puzzle on a lazy afternoon, but having something to show for your efforts when it’s done :grin:

Truthfully, I really do like being able to look at the layout & location of devices in their relative locations, rather than just a list of rooms & devices. Especially as you build out more devices, it’s nice to see where they are and helps to plan other devices.

Ok @fido THAT’S a good one!!! :grin: But it does cause one to pause :thinking: Well, I suppose “they” already had my Physical Location, Room Lists, Devices, Device Routines & Events and I’ve contributed to the Collective. Now when “they” come for me, they’ll know right where to go and perhaps cause less damage :open_mouth:

2 Likes

For a multifunction device, are you able to see all of the attributes at once? E.g. open/closed, temperature, 3-axis x-y-z, vibration?

This is what I’ve been waiting for. It works really good so far. Some options I wish they would add:

1. Allow user to change the color of the background.
  2. Allow user to hide the filters on screen so map would be bigger.
  3. More interior icons, fireplace, king bed, coffee table and more.
  4. Exterior icons (plants, grass, tress and more)

2 Likes

How did you get the yard to not have walls?

In the layout option use the room divider after you make the room.

Update: the yard option in layout is not on the iPad version, wonder why.

FIX, it only shows up when your iPad is vertical.

1 Like

To be honest, the main purpose is probably to look really cool on a 20 foot screen behind a keynote speaker. :smile:

But in the real world, there are a number of people who find it easier to process visual representations than text. So it’s just a personal preference. As long as they give us a choice, I’m happy.

3 Likes

Not at the same time, on the All devixe option you see the primary data of the sensor, but when you change to the Temperature option you can see the temperature for all the devices even from multi functional sensors.

The thing I don’t find is the energy consumption of several energy meters I have.

In layout there is a yard room. Create yard last and subtract out house rooms.

2 Likes

You wife may find it easier.

Thank you. I hadn’t noticed the yard option

1 Like

OMG. That would’ve taken forever
I ran out of patience, and encountered some bugs. I was relieved to get it kinda done. Nothing like the detail of yours though

Kudos

2 Likes

Still unsuccessful in creating the map :frowning:

My Galaxy smartphone has 8gb ram.

Will be a feature on newer Samsung TV’s as announced on the Smartthings TV Update

3 Likes

Building a detailed layout of my house with 80+ devices on a phone screen seems like a frustrating exercise.

Will Samsung give me a PC-based app, or at least a Web site to let me create this, and then transfer it to my phone?

1 Like