New devices certified from Leviton and Kwikset! ZigBee lock support! Oct 19, 2015

I am experiencing the exact same thing. Something is wrong with the device type or the platform with these locks. My Yale YRD240 was working perfectly until a few days ago. Nothing is wrong with your lock or your setup.
Submit a support ticket.
Cheers,
Scott

Same issue here kwikset 914 - handedness works and updates the smartthings statusā€¦ but the locking/unlocking via st does nothing

going to log a ticketā€¦ tho it seems there are huge delays.

@tycalmc @av8rdude @joel_eggenhuize Please shoot an email to support@smartthings.com and note your account email address, if you havenā€™t already done so. Please also note to the Support Rep to flag me, Donald Kirker, for the ticket. I am going to watch for three tickets. I just paired a 910 and see an issue, but I want to see if it is the same problem for all three of you before I get all excited and jump up and down.

I will be checking in with Support in the morning, as this may impact more than just you. (Even if it does just impact you, I will be checking none-the-less.)

Thanks!

3 Likes

I already sent an email in but i will send another one with this information. Thank you for your help. I was able to finally get it to work with some changes in code on my end, with the use of @sebirdman and his code at https://github.com/sebirdman/Kwikset-ZigBee-Lock/blob/master/Kwikset%20Zigbee%20Lock.groovy

@dckirker - I just entered a support ticket with the same scenario as well. Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks folks. I have discovered part of the issue and am working to have it resolved. I donā€™t have a specific timeline as of yet. More to come. If the device is paired, for the moment, donā€™t unpair and repair it as it wonā€™t resolve the issue ā€“ currently.

Brand new SmartThings user trying to pair Kwikset 916 locks. New hub and new locks not pairing yet. Lock mechanism is 1 foot away from hub. Per Kwikset instructions, 4 presses on Button A to enable zigbee pairing. Wore my phone battery down looking for devices. Will have to try again in the morning. I have a 914 installed on house already and not able to get it paired either.

Have you attempted to reset the device per this page:
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205151273-Kwikset-SmartCode-916-Touchscreen-Electronic-Deadbolt

Let me know!

Yes, I have gone through the reset process thinking it was zigbee. The very small sticker on the box appears to indicate it is z-Wave instead. Model 450191 end of fcc id is ZWV which makes it more certain to me. I have tried the single click zWave pairing with no luck. I removed the battery and started process all over again. My hub shows no devices as of yet.

Youā€™ll likely need to initiate the Exclusion/Reset process in that article as well. Did you try that yet? If itā€™s successful the mobile app will let you know that youā€™ve successfully reset a device.

My Yale YRD240-HA started working perfectly two days ago. Whatever you did fixed itā€¦thanks!

Spent evening messing with the locks again. I called Kwikset support and we determined the reason exclusion/inclusion was not working was radio was bad. I had purchased 2 916 locks from Amazon Marketplace and both turned out to be bad. The 914 which I purchased direct from Amazon is working fine so far.

Hey @Tyler, the link you put for Kwikset 910 is actually for the touchpad version not the touchscreenā€¦ Is the touchpad version also compatible with ST? Because iā€™m planning to get oneā€¦

Yes, weā€™re compatible with the ZigBee Kwikset 910 Touchpad.

my lock worked again for a while and has now stopped - hasnā€™t worked for about 3 days - it is not even showing handed turns. Batteryā€™s ā€™ say 80% and the pin function and lock function manually works fine - plenty of power on the motor.

Anyone else seeing similar issues again? i have not re added it just yetā€¦ quite annoying having to do it so often.

my smartthings setup seems to be stable for about a month then i have to spend an hour re jigging. - donā€™t get me wrong - love it, but itā€™s getting on my nerves with a few other issues iā€™m having.

Edit: was just about to remove and readd device but it started working againā€¦ hmm

Hi @Tyler , did you ever get an official answer to whether or not the ZBC4 models of the Kwikset 910 are fully supported?

Thanks,

No, weā€™re not compatible with the C4 models.

hi @Tyler, is the Kwikset SmartcCode 914 Zigbee version compatible with UK ST hub? If not by default, can it get to work through a custom devices type/handler? Thanks!

Yeah it should work! Weā€™re not doing anything in our cloud that would prevent you from pairing that device to a UK hub,

Tyler how about support for programming remote user codes in the Device Handler for ZigBee like Z-Wave locks?

1 Like