New app lost integration with devices

Hi folks, I have smarthings for a while now, I bought it when it was a good app not the current thing :frowning: . Ever since the migration, after the migration not only I feel less compelled to use it, some of the blinds are no long responsive.

I tried to reset and add them following the same instruction I followed 4 years ago: Z-Wave + integrated blinds/shades: Custom Graber Virtual Cord Shades

But no luck, the app just hangs there ā€œlooking for a deviceā€ and nothing happens.

Has anyone seen this before, why did Samsung destroyed something that was perfect and turned into this?

1 Like

Ivw had many instances where things dont add both in classic and now in NewApp.

Lots of people report rebooting the hub right before attempting an add helps.

Also theres a longstanding bug innthe IDE where if you have any custom device handlers, they become stale and interfere with the join process.

So before I add devices I always republish all my custom device handlers in the IDE then reboot the hub.

1 Like

Thank you Nathan, I donā€™t have any custom device handler, Iā€™ll try to reboot the hub and see if that works, I have now lost yet another shade :frowning:

Iā€™ll update this post if I find a way around so future versions of myself can find help :slight_smile:

If youā€™re continually losung devices you probably have an issue with one of your meshesā€¦ When was the last time you ran a Zigbee heal or ZWave repair?

Are the blinds showing up in the app and showing unavailable? Or did they disappear completely?