New App how the heck do I do zwave exlude or zwave repair

The Classic had the options. Now in the new app there doesn’t seem to be any option to either exclude or repair options anymore. I urgently need to exclude something and re-insert it back.

instructions are in the following article

Z-Wave Repair and Exclusion (new app):
Hamburger Menu (upper left) > Devices > (find/tap your hub name) > 3 vertical dots (upper right) > Z-Wave Utilities.

2 Likes

The 3 dots in devices open below in my iphone Edit / Delete / Sort By.

NOW I FIGURED IT OUT - I have to go into the HUB itself. Got it, thanks!!

1 Like

This is so freaking buried. I would have never figured that out. :man_facepalming:t5:

Thanks.

2 Likes

oh it gets even more annoying when you have 300 devices and have to wait for them to load before the 3 dots on the top right show up. PFFT

3 Likes

Just getting a spinning icon on “connected devices” and nothing is coming up. Do I just need to do the exclude from the IDE?
Problem is that I already deleted the device I need to exclude from my app - but I guess that doesn’t matter when nothing comes up anyway. I only have about 40 devices at this time. Any ideas?

just exclude it first with the hub tile, then z-wave exclusion, before adding it again.

when I click on this thread I am redirected to the generic ST support page. I simply want to read the response to routing optimization suggestions that I cannot find on the st support page…

How do I simply see the thread or go the link ST is trying to send us to?

Yeah, smartthings moved a whole bunch of the support articles when they discontinued the classic app in December 2020. And they didn’t update their links. :disappointed_relieved:

As of this writing, they are available at the following link, but I can’t promise they won’t move it again in the future.

1 Like

Got it and thank you very much.

In looking at some of your issues I am experiencing the same. Have two devices I deleted that are still showing up in the Zwave repairs. Have two devices I cannot find in my device list that are showing up as an issue in the zWare repairs. The list goes on, but, working on one at a time.

Great community and appreciate the help.

1 Like

I am using the latest SmartThings app. If i follow the instructions for General ZWave device exclusion from the link… open the app… click the burger menu… select “all devices”… click on my v1 hub… then select the 3 dots menu in upper right corner…

I only get 2 options: “Edit” and “Information”. Where did I go wrong? I do see the app was last updated just a week ago…

z-wave utilities are not available to v1 hub owners in the app. you will need to use the z-wave utilities available in IDE instead.

1 Like

Hi,

New to smartthings, and I’m experiencing the same thing mentioned above. Cannot find any zwave utilities. Not sure where I find them through the IDE as suggested?

Any support is much appreciated!

Best regards
-M

Using the mobile app, open the hub device, press 3 dots in upper right corner and Z-wave utilities will be there.

Hi thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I do not see that option. I have a v2 hub sth-eth250.

“I only get 2 options: “Edit” and “Information”. Where did I go wrong? I do see the app was last updated just a week ago…”

I was told it was reset. Maybe I should reset once more and start over…?

no, you should not need to reset the hub. try force quitting the ST app and open it again. If android, clear the app cache before reopening.

Hey! That did the trick! Thank you so much! I’ll try pairing my schlage locks next!

Much appreciate the support!

Regards,
-M

I have been experiencing the same issue. With trial and error I found with the new app procedure. Locate the hub in the device panel. Open the device (hub) by taping. Touch the three vertical dots on the right upper corner. Three options open up. Edit, Z-wave utilities and information. Tap on Z wave utilities. You will find Z-wave exclusion and repair the Z-wave network for better connection