Z-wave repair - new app

Is it still ok to use z-wave repair on the old classic app. I’ve been using the new app exclusively until now and don’t want to break anything. Odd that repair does not seem to be an option in the new app now.

in the new app, tap your hub and its in the upper right menu under z-wave utilities. Doesn’t matter which app you run it from since the repair itself is done at the hub level.

3 Likes

Hi Jimmy
I cannnot find z-wave utilities in the new app… any more details on where to find it?

Hi Dave
I normally do repair from the IDE webpage anyway

Thanks
Jeff

• click on the three bars in the upper left of the screen
  • choose Devices
  • locate your hub in the device list and click on it
  • from the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen, select Z-Wave Utilities
3 Likes

Found the option - many thanks.

Thank you jkp.
Very interesting. My hub itself does not appear in my device list. No wonder I could not find zwave repair.
Is there anyone else out there for which the hub itself it not in the device list?
Thanks
Jeff

1 Like

Are your other devices there? Which hub do you have?

Yes everything else is there and otherwise seems to work fine… V2 hub

Thanks!

Great job Samsung on hiding a very frequently used feature.

2 Likes

I downloaded the new app a few days ago. Despite your very clear instructions, I still can not find the utilities. Might this be because I am running a V1 Hub?

Once I hit the 3 dots, the only choices that appear on the bottom of the screen are “edit” “Information” and “Cancel”. Any ideas?

1 Like

Yes, those utilities do not show for those with a v1 hub. In your case, you will need to login to IDE and use the z-wave utilities from there.

https://account.SmartThings.com

Hubs > view utilities > repair z-wave network

1 Like

Okay. Thanks.

I have a new V3 hub that arrived today. After reading several other threads, it seems there is no easy or fast way to migrate from V1 to v3 (or from any hub to a new hub). Is this still true? …seems crazy that Samsung would not develop this.

Afraid it is still true. The migration will be a pain.

1 Like

Well ain’t that great for early adopters…

I have a V2 hub so the Z-wave Utilities menu is present where expected.

But I’m not sure it’s working.

I needed to do a Z-wave repair so I opened a browser window in the IDE to my hub’s event list page. Then I used the new app Z-wave Utilities to start the repair.

No repair-related messages showed up in the events list.

After about 10 minutes, I used the IDE to initiate the repair. This time the events list showed the repair messages as expected.