Need big help here. Zwave devices adding but showing offline

I am having the same problem with Zwave but with an Aeotec device. Suddenly stopped showing updated under the icon and after I excluded it and re-added it, now shows OFFLINE but keep refreshing the data if you click on the device. I have opened a case to track down that but so far is the only Z-wave device showing that behavior

i’m having the same problem adding a GE embrighten zigbee switch. it gets added but shows as offline even though i can turn it on and off in the app. shows online in ide. in fact, when adding it, it never says it’s added (i get no new devices found) but it still gets added to my device list/things :man_facepalming:t2:

i give up. smartthings has become total garbage. stuff is breaking every week. automations disappearing, apps breaking… never ends.

I would second the fact that it is an app issue. The app now appears to be incapable of adding any new devices, even simulated switches, and treating it online, despite the IDE being happy. And the app offline status prevents many integrations from working.

Many different people reporting that many different kinds of devices, both physical and virtual, are showing as online in the groovy platform, including the IDE, but off-line in the app. So you can’t use them in automations. This is happening to devices that were added recently, regardless of the type of device and regardless of whether it previously worked.

No idea what the problem is, and no workarounds have been reported yet, but it’s definitely real.

Devices added in April 2021 show online in IDE, offline in automations and app (both physical and virtual devices)

Also experiencing the same issue, with GE Smart Dimmers and Fan Controllers. Finally got around to wiring these up and can’t get them added. Existing stuff seems to work fine. I see LOT of other posts showing up on the thread. Looks like people started working on Saturday to try and do projects and are running into this.

1 Like

My Xiaomi temp humidity sensor has been solid and working since @orangebucket created the DTH and before that in the old app, so the device is not new in my setup JD but like others have reported, in the app it is offline, in the IDE it is online

Also just noticed history for the device stopped on Wed 31/03/21 08:23am

1 Like

Just received a status text from smartthings that says they are investigating issues with offline devices. So they are now aware. As I thought, it was related to yesterdays’s 4/2/21 hub update.

2 Likes

Not here to give assistance but to say I just posted a similar issue to yours with a recently installed Leviton WiFi switch that is supposedly installed but showing offline. Now I think I will look at the History to see if the same phenomenon shows with mine.

1 Like

Yep I received the same text after I posted. At least it’s being looked into.

1 Like

I wish they would place these status and maintenance announcements in the app. I was out looking on the smartthings web site and saw all this business about updates. Had I known I would have just let crap well alone until all the dust settled.

@Brad_ST, @blake.arnold , @vlad This is an excellent idea Add a link off the help page to the status page and some kind of service status indicator discretely on the home page that gets less discrete on maintenance or outage. It’s easy enough to pull status in JSON form already…

1 Like

The speed at which it was fixed implies SOME people at Samsung know what they are doing, but who was it that authorized the release of this new code on a Friday without testing even basic functionality like this?!

LOL…you are assuming they actually have a QA dept and test.

It works now and that’s what matters, though I had to re add devices to get Alexa to pick them up.

If you’ve ever worked in IT ‘scheduled maintenance’, is usually an outage.
There was no need for your doubt as we can now see.
Good things come to those who wait.

Having written firmware in a long ago previous life, where there was always alpha/beta testing and regression testing done before anything was released, I can’t fathom todays world where they just toss it over the wall, let the users find the bugs and see what happens…

2 Likes

That is what happens in the consumer space these days because there is no money for QA.