My Samsung Air conditioner with SmartThings wifi control no longer interfaces with google home

Now that summer is back in full power I decided to turn on my Samsung AC. Something happened over winter that the AC no longer seems to interface with google home at all.

I can still turn it on in the SmartThings app on my phone but in Google home it shows up as a gray screen.

When I try voice control Google Assistant “turn on the air conditioner in the bedroom” the reply is “that mode isn’t available for the room A/C”. Apparently Google can’t control anything about the Samsung AC anymore.

What’s killing me is that now my routines are broken (leaving home, returning etc.).

Has anyone run into this?

You may need to be using the new V3 app. They’ve said that they are going to discontinue the V2 classic app, although they haven’t said when, but they’ve moved pretty much all of the support for Samsung brand smart televisions, vacuums, air-conditioners, etc. to the new app.

You can use both apps at the same time, but you probably won’t be able to use the Samsung brand devices in the old app anymore.

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

I have the same issue. Google assistant integration worked great using the samsung smarthome app (On, Off, mode change, temp change all worked)

New smarthing app (latest android release) and now “that mode is not supported on room AC” when I try to turn it on with google assistant.

Hi there. May I join the question, even if I‘m a newbie here?
I‘ve just installed my new Windfree A/C. The devices are visible and controllable in Samsung Smartthings app(same screenshop as in TS post). Now I wanted to integrate them in Google Home (to control with Google Home mini with voice). The coupling was done and my A/Cs become visible Google Home app, but I can‘t do anything there and also no status is seen.
Is it problem with Google or Samsung?

UPD. I found actually that there are two different connections available in Google Home App - one called Samsung Smart Home and another called Smartthings. Both connect to Samsung account when used and show air condition device, but in both cases it is not controllable.

Hey Samsung, this is a load of crap and won’t stand!

These are extremely expensive electronics, and you can’t simply abandon their development.

When will google home integration be reintroduced?

1 Like

Last week I installed also Samsung windless AC and samsung wifi kit, but when I want to set it up on a Smart Things app it is telling me NO Indoor Unit… Tried many things and still nothing, could you tell me what model do you have and how did you linked to smart things app? My model is AC035RN1DKG, but with wired remote control and extra wifi smart kit. thanks

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.