SmartThings Community

My Samsung Air conditioner with SmartThings wifi control no longer interfaces with google home

Now that summer is back in full power I decided to turn on my Samsung AC. Something happened over winter that the AC no longer seems to interface with google home at all.

I can still turn it on in the SmartThings app on my phone but in Google home it shows up as a gray screen.

When I try voice control Google Assistant “turn on the air conditioner in the bedroom” the reply is “that mode isn’t available for the room A/C”. Apparently Google can’t control anything about the Samsung AC anymore.

What’s killing me is that now my routines are broken (leaving home, returning etc.).

Has anyone run into this?

You may need to be using the new V3 app. They’ve said that they are going to discontinue the V2 classic app, although they haven’t said when, but they’ve moved pretty much all of the support for Samsung brand smart televisions, vacuums, air-conditioners, etc. to the new app.

You can use both apps at the same time, but you probably won’t be able to use the Samsung brand devices in the old app anymore.

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have