My Samsung Air conditioner with SmartThings wifi control no longer interfaces with google home

Actually, the temperature control is starting to work as well!

1. Using the remote, or the SmartThings app set your aircon to the Cool mode (doesn’t work with the Auto mode)
  2. Say “ok Google, set the aircon to 21 degrees”
  3. Google will adjust the aircon temperature as requested
    I can’t adjust the temperature through the Android Google Home app yet. But it works using the voice control, and also works on the Google Hub Max Display (in the Cool mode).

My problem is that I mostly use the “Auto” setting on the aircon, and not the “Cool” mode. With the Cool mode the aircon keeps on cooling even when it reaches the target temperature, and the room ends up being colder than what it should be. With Auto it holds the target temperature as it should. Do you see the same behavior with your Aircon? (this is unrelated to the Google home integration)

Reconnected SmartThings to Google Home and my AC showed up. Only as an “on / off” toggle, but at least its there.

Now we need thermostat functionality.

2 Likes

Whats the status of this issue im thinking aborto buying a Sam mini split but if You cant control it vía home hub (like a thermostat) its a deal breaker

1 Like

Here is where I’m.

I’ve been able to add my AC System to SmartThings. It wasn’t easy. My First Wifi kit came with a problem, so Samsung came along and replaced the board. It worked. After 3 hours we managed to add it to smartthings. Yes… 3 hours…

Ow, about the wifi kit, it only works with 2.4Ghz, do not expect it to work well with your wi-fi 6 router… it constantly gets offline… I will need to buy some old router just to make it more stable…

Now, when I try to create a routine to turn it on, It shows only one switch. Air Conditioner on/off. I have 5 rooms here, and I can turn them all on or off, but not a single room.

Somehow the rooms are inside the Air Conditioner device. From SmartThings perspective, it is a single device. SmartThings can not detect the rooms inside it.

I’m worried that this will be a problem when a manage to sync it with Alexa, but right now, Alexa does not find the AC System. I’ve been trying for days and haven’t found a way to make it happen.

I tough it will be easier… and I just choose Samsung because of SmartThings, believing it will work like a charm… so naive…

My system is a mini vrf. Maybe with a multi-split things works better… :frowning:

This thread is going to make his 3 birthday and people still have problems with this.

regards

Regarding the Wi-Fi issue, yeah, 2.4GHz can be a bummer. You’d think these newer systems would accommodate Wi-Fi 6, given its prevalence. And now, having to buy an old router to stabilize it? Ouch.
When it comes to your concern about routines and the individual room settings, I totally get it. SmartThings should be more, well, smart about handling multiple zones. Given your system is a mini VRF, you might be onto something with considering a multi-split setup instead. I recently came across some useful insights about mini split installation los angeles.
As for Alexa not finding your AC system, have you tried contacting customer support or diving into some forums? Maybe others have found a workaround.