Multiple Phones listed as Presence Sensors

I’m not sure what happened but my phone name is listed like 3 times as presence sensors and my wife’s phone is listed 4 times. Any idea how I clean this up? It is messing up all my geofencing automations.

Happened to me I believe when I reinstalled the New App while still using the Classic App…Or around about that time…not sure exactly

I had the same issue but I think I caused it early on by creating the “second” phone with my name. I wound up with two phones, one with my newly created name and the Moto G6 phone that was found early on during setup.

To delete, I used IDE and located the two devices in my device list. I deleted the newly created one with my name. Here is the lin k:

https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/device/list

I signed on with my Samsung account. I don’t know what happens if you sign in with a Smartthings account.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks guys. That worked. Its too bad you have to go into the IDE to deal with that.

Just wanted to point out that it is not a good idea to link to a specific server URL for IDE since not everyone is on the NA04 shard. Users not on NA04 will not see their device handlers/smart app or devices using that URL (unless they click on My Locations and select their location first). It is best to point users to http://account.smartthings.com which will redirect them to their appropriate shard.

IDE is the same whether you login with either a SmartThings or Samsung account.

1 Like

Thanks for the proper direction of which link to share for IDE.

Does anyone know if it makes a difference which phone you delete? I cant really tell which was first. I changed the name of one, but that doesn’t really tell me which one is which. I thought maybe I could tell by the Last Activity Time Stamp, but one one shows nothing " " and the other shows “15 hours ago” when the phone is laying right here next to me at the computer, I am not sure which to remove (as if it matters)

Any suggestions???
Thanks
Todd