Help - Mobile presence login

Hi all,

I was using my mobile phone as a presence sensor, I noticed that it was not changing my presence as I left and came to the house so I thought that I would reinstall it. I deleted my phone in the app as a presence sensor, restart the app and then went to add my phone back as a presence sensor. I then received the following error.

“Warning! This mobile phone is already set up as a mobile presence device” Okay, I will go look into my things and see if I can find it… nope it does not show as a presence in the system.

I deleted the app from my phone then and reinstalled to see if that would correct but I am having the same issue…

Thanks in advance

Does it show up in the device list @ http://developer.smartthings.com?

No, it shows my wife but not mine

Are you logged into any other phones with the same account?

Just my wifes phone

So is the phone you deleted the app on your phone or wife’s? The reason I ask is… (not that you are a dummy)

It was on my iphone… but let me review the link that you sent and play around with it when I get home. Thanks

Also in the future I would recommend killing the app and restarting it. Should be no reason to remove the app.

Okay, That shows me how to set up my phone, but does not correct the issue that I have.

It seems somewhere in the ST app that my phone is set up as a presence, even though my phone does not show up anywhere in ST.

I don’t think you can have the same account logged into two devices and use them both as presence devices. I am just guessing. If you setup your wife’s phone to use a different account I think your phone might work.

same thing happen to me come to find out it was detecting my wife’s phone as presence for me deleted both and reinstalled both.

1 Like

Perfect. Will try that and see if it works. Thank you all

You can, I do. I’ve read that is not ideal but it’s been working for me. knocks on wood

Thanks Eksmith and whoismoses. That worked and now it is up and running.