Monoprice 4 in 1 sensor won't pair

I always thought it was a V2 hub - but after checking - it’s a Smartthings Wifi… :frowning:

I’m off to Google what that means and whether it’s compatible with my sensors

@RBoy - do you think the problem is because I’ve got a Smartthings Wifi ?

Unlikely. Zwave and WiFi are on different frequencies. If your other zwave devices are working then it probably a bad batch. If no zwave devices are working then it’s a bad hub / module.

Sorry… if this is a stupid suggestion (just because I had the same problem). Are you pressing the correct tiny button on the sensor to pair it? It’s a tiny hole that you need a paper clip for, not the larger button you can see when you take off the cover. There is no picture in the instruction manual for this.

1 Like

Good suggestion…but I’ve got the right button…

IMG_0110-120x135

1 Like

Maybe another bad suggestion: take the battery out press and hold the button while you put the battery back in and keep holding it for a little longer. That often resets devices.

@pizzinini - worth a try - didn’t work though

@RBoy

received two replacement sensors - neither of the two new sensors will pair. Very sad.

I don’t have any other z-wave devices to test.

Added:
Argghhhh

Just found this:

But the Catch 22 with Australia is that Z-Wave uses a different frequency here rendering the unlicensed US 908.42Mhz and all US devices useless here. So, while there are thousands of devices using Z-Wave, they are country specific. That is why Samsung took a while to make its SmartThings hub for Australia/NZ.

From here: https://www.gadgetguy.com.au/samsung-smartthings-finally-in-australia-well-for-victorians-anyway/

1 Like

Ah, yup. We probably should have caught them when you posted your shard was AP02.

1 Like

Huh, I didn’t realize that Monoprice ships outside the US

@RBoy - yep, they do. At least twice. Once for the original two ($78 shipping) and then for the replacement two ($0).

Their support should have picked that up. Or at least a warning on their site.

While you’re here…do your apps and device handler support this:

http://zwave.com.au/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=263

The primary need is to detect small temperature and humidity changes (1°C, RH 1%).

Many thanks.