Mobile presence broken on Classic app (iOS 13 / iPhone 11)

Just got a new phone. Removed my old mobile presence sensor, and added my new phone as a presence sensor. Permissions are correct (Location set to Always, background app refresh / cellular data allowed).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, same exact symptoms you are describing. Everything looks correct in-app. Did you find a way around this?

I’m seeing the same thing. We have an older iPhone 8 on iOS 12, and it is working fine, but the new one on iOS 13 is not. I have not tried this yet, but plan to update the iPhone 8 to iOS 13, and see if the problem occurs there - then at least we know if it is related to the phone or the OS.

Have you tried reinstalling the app and checking the location and bluetooth permissions on your phone? It’s working on a iPhone 6s, 8 and XS using iOS 13.1.1 here.

any chance you are using any type of free vpn app on the new iPhone? I do and last week the vpn app I use updated to a completely new version that now causes all sorts of issues. Not related to iOS 13 but due to the app is very, very buggy.

I’ve got the same issue with my iPhone 11 pro. I was able to partially get around the issue by installing the new SmartThings app and turning on location tracking. When I enabled that setting it automatically added my phone as a presence sensor that shows up in both apps. However…

Location tracking has been very flaky ever since. I have automation setup to trigger actions every time I leave or come back. I’ve noticed that these automation frequently will not run as they should. When I look in the classic app it will show my phone’s presence incorrectly even though the app has full location permissions.

I’m hoping that SmartThings will update the app for iOS 13, but it looks like they last updated 11 months ago so I’m not very optimistic about it.

Hi Daniel, good morning. I’m also facing the same issue with ST Classic app. Quick question: You have both apps logged with your samsung account correct? Any other issues with your automations due to have both apps being used?

Thanks in advance,
Marcelo

No other issues that I can detect. I’m just frustrated with getting signed out of the new app constantly and it causing issues with my automation. I’m actually looking into migrating to another solution currently so I can get my home automation out of the cloud.

I have been having issues with the Smartthings V3/STSC app mobile presence for months. Apparently the app logs out of the Samsung account and mobile presence is not forwarded. Yesterday, some of my scenes stopped dimming to the specified levels and support suggested I delete and re-add them.

So frustrating to see this platform get more buggy and less stable. It may be time to find a platform that actually works as specified.

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.