Mobile device presence broken with iOS 11

I hate to be that guy to bring threads back from the dead, but this is just getting ridiculous. The presence has improved exactly 0% since this was first reported, as far as I can tell - and it’s genuinely making the entire solution unviable.

I see in other threads (SmartThings app will receive a major overhaul in Q1 2018 for example) that there is a total overhaul to the mobile app coming. Does this, by any chance, include a rip and replace of the mobile presence detection? Or will we see a bunch of new chrome and no improvement to the things that are really having an impact? There are two possibilities in my experience - either there has been no progress on the problem in the current app because the related engineers are busy building something brand new to replace it, or it’s being ignored completely because other priorities have buried it.

Can someone, anyone from the ST team please respond here and provide some kind of a meaningful statement? It doesn’t take much to go a long way towards satisfying a request like this.

2 Likes