Migration Tool - V1 hub to Aeotec?

I’ve been trying to find documentation on what the process is to migrate from the smartthings V1 hub to Aeotec. This seems to be the official solution the the end of life of V1 but theres nothing explaining the effort to switch. Anyone have any info

There is no migration tool, that’s why you can’t find any documentation.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/pages/welcome-to-the-adt-smartthings-hub-upgrade-program?mc_cid=612eeddcb1&mc_eid=773e9486f7#migrate-current-setup

2 Likes

as crappy as the answer is, that is helpful. They didn’t exactly make it a well known fact.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry I didn’t have better news for you. It’s really amazing that after all this time we don’t have any kind of backup/migration tool, especially since ST has talked about it. I have a v2 hub, and the day that dies, or becomes unsupported, will be a bad bad day. I have 280 devices I’d have to migrate.

1 Like

there is a migration tool but only for v2 and v3 hubs. users need to contact ST support to use it. it should also be noted that it only works for hubs that are online so if a hub were to die, this utility would not work.

2 Likes

Yup, true. I didn’t mention that here because I was focused on the OP’s v1 dilemma. For me, personally speaking, I hope ST’s is witnessing the situation they’re putting their v1 customers in and then maybe realizing “gosh, we should have a customer exposed backup solution in place before we retire any of the next versions…”.

2 Likes