Mhcozy model ZG1CH don't want to pair with the eWelink app...

I bought two units of MHCOZY Zigbee Switch Controller Module on Amazon and in no way have I been able to connect them to the app, I have tried with the eWelink app and nothing…if anyone can help me it will be of some help…thank you

All Zigbee devices will require a Zigbee hub of some kind. The Wi-Fi models usually will not.

That said, this forum was set up a number of years ago so that customers could help other customers with the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. While some people here do use the MHcozy Zigbee devices, they would be using them with the SmartThings hub, and the SmartThings app, probably not the eWeLink app. So you might get more help if you try Amazon support or getting in touch with the device manufacturer.

If I’m misunderstanding and you do have a smartthings hub and you are connecting the device to that hub, you will be able to use the SmartThings app, but then it will not connect to the eWeLink app.

1 Like

I have tried sWeLink, Tuya Smart, Smart Life and Kasa app… none of them recognize the device, I must be doing something wrong… I didn’t think that connecting them to the cell phone through an app would be so complicated

If it’s a Zigbee device, it can’t connect to any app by itself. It has to connect to a Zigbee hub, and then the Zigbee hub will connect to the eWeLink app or the SmartLife app. (It’s never going to connect to the Kasa app.)

If you have an echo device that has a built-in Zigbee hub, as many echo models do, Amazon support should be able to help you get it connected and then you will use it with the Alexa app.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GJJFZVX42Y9RRJH8

If you want to use it with the eWeLink app, or the Smart Life app, you will have to connect it to a Tuya made Zigbee hub.

If you already have a SmartThings hub and you want to use it that way, you will only be able to use it with the SmartThings app.

But since it is a Zigbee device, you cannot just connect it to a phone app. You have to connect it to a hub first.

It sounds like maybe you should return this one and get a Wi-Fi model instead. then it will work the way you seem to be expecting it to – – no hub required.

2 Likes

Ok…after checking my Alexa, apparently it is not compatible with Zigbee devices, this has given me a lot of stress so I will follow your advice and return them and ask for ones with wifi…any smart wifi that can help me recommend?..thank you

1 Like

Personally, I don’t buy anything that will be wired into Main’s power that isn’t safety certified from either UL or ETL or TUV, so I don’t buy any of the Tuya devices. (they are sold under many different brand names, but they all work with the smartlife app.) so my recommendation would probably be for the Shelly UL listed model. It’s Wi-Fi so you don’t need a hub, works well with Alexa. You’ll be able to use it with both the Alexa app and Shelly’s own app.

https://www.amazon.com/Shelly-Plus-1PM-UL-Automation/dp/B0BWNDWJVC/

If you like the eWelink app, another interesting option is the new Sonoff MINIR4M. It’s another Wi-Fi relay with good safety certifications. It costs a little more than the Shelly, but this specific model has Matter support. Matter is a new industry standard, which means you can use the same device with many different Home Automation platforms, including SmartThings, Alexa, Apple Home, etc, and set up should be pretty easy with each. Sonoff is a well-known budget brand, and this new model is using the newest standard. So that’s cool.

https://www.amazon.com/SONOFF-MINIR4M-Universal-Automation-Compatible/dp/B0CLND5Q18/

And here’s the consumer reports explainer article on Matter and what it means for the industry:

https://www.consumerreports.org/home-garden/smart-home/matter-smart-home-standard-faq-a9475777045/

So personally, I would suggest one of those two. Do remember the first rule of Home Automation: “ The model number matters.“ So my recommending this sonoff model doesn’t mean I would recommend a different Sonoff model. Same with Shelly. Also, the “MiniR4” is a different model than the “MiniR4M.” (Only the one with M on the end supports the new Matter standard.) But I’m an engineer, so I pay a lot of attention to the specifications before I buy something. Other people will care more about saving a couple of dollars. Choice is good. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well, I’m going to follow your recommendations and order from those you recommend…I thank you very much for the help and your patience.

2 Likes