Make myQ work with out myQ hub?

I’m sure I can figure this out if it is possible. I’m about to tear it apart to see if it’s possible. Just wondering if anybody has done this yet? I had a Z-Wave dry contact switch on my old garage door opener. This conventional technique is not possible with the myQ. Some people might say why did you buy a myQ if you’re not going to use it. I work side jobs for people and I took the opener as payment. I don’t want to have to buy the myQ hub if I don’t have to.

1 Like

any ideas? It is extremely hard to get a voltmeter up in there while running it.

If I had three hands I could probably do this but… I just decided to take the easy way out and buy a clicker garage door remote and wire my Z-Wave dry contact switch to that. But I am still very curious to see how it can be done the other way.

The hub was only $40 and has been very solid. Might be easier just to buy it? Well, I’m not that handy though so it may be easy for you.

@drake0508 hey I’m curious does the Hub give you open and closed status?

I don’t know why I didn’t think about this before. I’ll just connect two leads to the back of the board on the wall switch.

Yes sir. I’ll send a pic