1. Add device/Lutron/Caseta etc.
  2. Let it sit on Discovering for a while
  3. Click Done — it will not have found anything
  4. Home Screen/Hamburger/Gear/Linked Services
  5. Location/Lutron Caseta (Connect)
  6. It should show discovered devices here
  7. Done
2 Likes

Same thing was happening to me. The entry before this one solved the problem without removing. Here are the instructions just in case:

1. click the menu button (three horizontal lines too left)
    2)clock the gear icon (top right)
  2. select linked services
  3. then Lutron cassetta
  4. devices will be discovered
5 Likes

Frustratingly this still persists. Two years ago this problem was present and then one day all worked. Now with the new ST app same problem appeared … All my Lutron Caseta switches actually visible in the ST app appear offline.
When adding them again they appear all as ‘previously added/discovered’ but what appears in the ST app (Scenes and listed devices) are all offline.
Also only some of what is listed in discovered area are listed/manageable in the ST app… the rest as if never discovered. The weirdest thing is that although what Lutron switches do appear in the ST are marked offline… the ST automation routines can still control them :worried: ???
I have tried;
-Rebooting ST and Lutron hubs; Even removed the batteries from ST for 10 mins, numerous times.

• Deleted and reinstalled both Lutron and ST app, numerous times and with different order.
    -Disconnected the integration link between the two services and re-connecting them… disconnect from Lutron App and reconnecting with credentials from ST app;
    -Renamed the switches in Lutron app and rediscovered in ST (tried to tickle effect so to speak)… all names where updated in ST app! under the pre-discovered list on ‘add devices’ in ST, but still only some are in the ST app listed but still offline; and some do not even appear in the app to manage them.
    I also noticed that in Scene edit area where the lutron switch name should appear I see two empty brackets where the switch name should appear () … I assume this is a migration/conversion screw up between old ST app and new.
    I also looked at the development ST portal on the web and noticed that before the problem started all Lutron devices where listed… after the new ST app installed and migrated, only the ones actually visible in the ST app are still listed, but offline… While in the add device area of ST all lutron switches are listed as previously discovered (with the name update I had made in Lutron app).
    This is absolutely nonsensical!.. It appears that Lutron works fine … but ST has messed up how to resolve the integration API.
    Will try one last thing… will remove all Lutron switches from ST app (even if it nullifies all my scenes and automation) and recreate them. … if that fails ST goes out the window.
    BTW… all Alexa commands are also out the widow!!!
    ST support is not worth talking to either.

Any help appreciated.

3 thoughts…

1. reboot your router
  2. reboot your ST hub in IDE > hubs > view utilities > reboot hub
    wait a few minutes and check status to see if devices return to online
    but I bet you will need to perform #3
  3. remove integration from the ST app and not through the lutron caseta app. to do this > menu > settings > linked services and left swipe on the lutron integration. But there is a warning --> deleting the integration will delete any existing automations or scenes that contain those devices so you may want to make screenshots of those first. Then add the lutron devices back in dashboard > + > add device > by brand > lutron.

Thank you number 3 worked out really well. It was not obvious that you can swipe to the left to delete the connection.
Thanks again :blush:

If only I had seen this single post sooner! Wow, thank you for this. Fixed a problem that’s frustrated me for so long.

Now I just wish it had discovered my Lutron fan control…