Lowe's Iris Sensors (New CentraLite models)

Holy cow, what a PITA that was for you. Glad you’re working finally.

1 Like

If the new Iris door sensors are now working with ST how can I tell the new one from the old?

They come in a purple box instead of a plastic blister package.

Though lowes.com doesn’t show the packaging. Is there a model# or something that can distinguish them?

I’m pretty sure lowes removed the old iris stuff from their website. But up here on post 287 I have them listed/linked.

1 Like

So I was finally able to get ahold of the Iris Smart Button.
I created a new topic here https://community.smartthings.com/t/iris-presence-based-security-alarm-key-fob/29438 for searching purposes. Any help getting this thing integrated with Smartthings would be greatly appreciated.

Curious – can some of the users with the new Centralite Iris motion sensors update on how the battery life is progressing? Previous reports indicated they might be using up the battery rather quickly.

I will say that some of the Lowe’s stuff I have bought shipped with nearly dead batteries. My fob battery was at about 10% out of the box and the other was dead. If anyone has results from fresh batteries, that would be best as it seems that they shipped with poor quality batteries.

2 Likes

I’ve had two since Sunday, they’re currently showing 88. I’ve seen some comments about these Lowes devices in general that they have crappy batteries so YMMV…

I have 2 iris MD’s, both have been running for at least a month, and the battery has been at 77% for the past 2 or so weeks. The batteries are both the “PowerOne” Lithium batteries that shipped with it. One is in a high motion area, where as the other one is relatively low motion.

Is there a way to increase the sensitivity on the sensors? There seems to be quite a delay from motion to turning on my lights in my mudroom. I am surprised becasue I am transitioning from an X10 system and expected that the timing between motion and triggering the light would be at least comparable to the x10 motion sensors. Thanks in advance for your reply.

My Iris are instant. It’s likely the cloud slowing you down. Here’s hoping for a local device type soon (v2 hub).

In trying to determine if they could be switched from the cloud it appears my iris sensor and GE wall switches are all showing up in my localdevice list - am I misunderstanding or are mine running locally?

Is the corresponding SmartApp also on the local list?

The community-created wiki has the links to check exactly which smartapps and device types are running locally for you in the FAQ section:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=FAQ

1 Like

Does anyone have the smart plug working? Mine is never found in the identifying screen. No instructions in the Lowes home automation box either but when i hold the button down the blue light blinks, so I assume that means it’s trying to pair.

*edit- and right as i post this it shows up in the unconfigured devices list! Half way there…
**edit2 -changed the device type in the IDE to Smartpower Outlet and it’s working

Hey @mitchp any luck fixing the temp on the motion sensor so that it automatically updates?

Now that I have one, I’m going to take a stab at fixing up the device handler. I may end up rewriting a bunch of the code as it’s currently a copy/paste hack of the ST handler. No ETA on this, with the holidays and all.

4 Likes

Does the motion and door sensor work offline in any way?? and what about the keypad??

Motion and contact will work offline if you set them to the ST device types. The keypad will not.