Lost Hub configuration, reseted to factory default!

Same things applies: Lost Hub configuration, reseted to factory default! - #2 by Aaron

Luis has responded to me and he will help to remove the dupe location.

I just hope the zigbee pairing were not lost when the hub was moved to the dupe location.

Not hopefully though aa I could see that the status light on my zb powerstrip shows disconnected status.

I could potentially have 20+ devices to re-pair.

Great - you are in good hands!

Do you have someone at EST time zone?

Your tech support works MST. Every interaction takes 24h round trip time as I’m GMT+8

Something is going on with the Smartthings servers.

This has been happening all day. Including loging in and the app then logging itself out. Sometimes staying logged in for less than 10 seconds. Sometimes when successfully logged in I get to the hub and my devices; sometimes I’m guided to entering some mysterious code which I don’t have.

I have emailed support but as of this time have not heard from them at all.

WHY IS THERE NO KEEP ME LOGGED IN OPTION. CONASTANLY LOGGING IN AFTER THE APP SELF LOGGING OUT IS VERY MADDENING!

It’s also happen to me !

Hi @Aaron I see I have two location of my HUB
And have different IDE URL, like this

And the last one is my original setup

Look at the URL.

UPDATE

After I delete the wrong location via IDE, I was able to logged in from my phone without asking for activation code. All my devices are there, but it’s only for around 5-10 second, before error message pop up and I logged out again from my account and can’t go back sign in again.

US support hours are 9 am to 6 pm Pacific Time, Monday through Saturday. UK support hours are 9am to 5pm BST/GMT, Monday through Saturday

Luis asked me to unplug the ethernet before he can remove the dupe location.

Hope after he is done, things will be back in order.

If the hub is wiped, then we will need to re-pair. Not sure what really happened.

I will need closure for this to have confidence that it will not happen again.

Hi all, we need some info from you.

Please let us know which operating OS and all version you are using.

Also, a rough (or exact if you have it) time frame this happened during.

I’m using Android 7.0 and the logout issue happened around Monday 11+am GMT+8

Status update:

Luis helped to remove the dupe location from my account. My Android app is showing all my devices now. BUT none of my devices are responding to commands or reporting state changes.

Have soft reboot the hub and power reset the mains powers zigbee lights. I have not messed with the battery powered sensors yet.

Just happened to me too. Saw my app had a lot of disconnect/reconnects. Cleared it all and when I opened my smart things app, it asked me to re-login. Then it asked for activation code. After entering the code, it showed me a clean slate.

I tried logging into https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ to see if my custom apps and devices were there but nothing is shown. It seems my account is brand new. There is only one location. Did the database get corrupted?

I’m using Android 6.0 with latest ST app from Play Store.
I’m using 1st generation of ST hub.

Right now, after deleting second location that was created before, I
was able to login, and see my devices is there installed, and give me
accurate information about current state and when state is changing. The
problem only with Philips HUE, I can’t communicate with it.

And the main problem is still there, sometimes the app says unexpected error and logged out again :frowning: and again
So I still lose my control of my home.

Nico, are your automations and smartapps still running?

After deleting second location, I was able to login. But all devices are now missing/disconnected :frowning:
Went to a different tab, then an error message “An error occurred” and got logged out again.

When i try to login, I’m being prompted for my country and activation code again.
I try to enter my activation code, but I’m getting “invalid code”. Now I can’t even login to the mobile app.

Sent logs via email to support, still waiting for a response.

I’m sure you are aware of this but are you using a UK or USA hub.
The url you quoted is for ONE of the US shards.

@slagle why can you not show the shard that the hub is connected to.
This would really make life easy for people in situations like this. For both the customer and the ST support staff.

The last setup, all my automation is related to Hue, so I can’t make sure whether is working or not.
But for sure, all my device like ST open/close sensor, ST motion sensor, Aeon micro switch (zwave) is working properly when I can logged in and see it via app, since I can’t login again, I can’t analyze another function.

I just tried the workaround to relink my ZigBee devices back to the hub… no go.

Awaiting Luis to start his shift to advise on next course of action.

I suspect I have to nuke everything and restart from zero.

Need to know what happened and how to avoid this from happening again. Re-pairing all my devices will be a major Pita.

Might want to consider to pair them to the hue hub instead.

Hope this will never happen what ever the reason is

UPDATE
My HUE is now communicating with my hub, press minimote to turn on hue is working, it’s seem the back end problem is disappear,
BUT
I still can’t logged in to my account via android app, I still have no control via app.
All data at IDE is right and working.

Yup. I ordered my Smarthings from Amazon USA.
Anyway I suspect one of their databases got corrupted and is replicating the corruption over their cloud.
I’ll explain how I came to this conclusion.

As I did not have any additional location (it was originally using Home before it went wonky, and location was named ‘Home’ again after it went wonky). I figured I would add and configure my devices again. However smarthings could not detect anything!

So here’s what I did, I deleted the location ‘Home’ and created a new one called ‘OliHome’.
I then ran a detection again. This time it detected all my devices!
So i figured okay. Just spend a few hours setting everything up again.

But there was a few times, (in IDE) when I clicked the links for my Device Handlers and SmartApps. I would see my old device handlers and My Smartapps there.

Then if I log off and log on again, they would be gone. 9/10 times I would not see them but those other times…
This got me thinking one of the servers lost my data but the others had my old data in the cloud.

Also might explain why smarthings didn’t detect any of my devices when location called ‘Home’ was created (after it went wonky). Because somewhere in the cloud, my devices were already detected so it wasn’t detecting anything new. It was only after I deleted ‘Home’ and created a new location name did it start working.

Anyway, I’ve reconfigured my smartapps again (with some new changes) and everything looks good. (spend nearly a day fixing it all up). I now hope my old data doesn’t return and my new one doesnt get wiped off again.

Ok. The reason I said about the server address is people with uk hubs have been caught out using the wrong url when looking at their ide.
I still think @tslagle13 that the server our hubs are connected to should be shown somewhere in the hub.