Logitech Home Hub $50 today Amazon, PM'd on BestBuy/Ebay

This hub was discussed a few days ago when the remote was on sale for $70. This is the hub only, but you can use the Android/iOS Logitech app to control your home theater devices and anything else with IR control. Sync it with Smart Things for control of ST devices and vice versa as well!

http://amzn.to/2gEj3zM - Amazon Link

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&toolid=11800&pub=5575236380&campid=5337975512&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FLogitech-Harmony-Home-Hub-Black%2F201650714920 - Ebay Link

Does anyone have multiple of these in the house on the same network? It looks like you can try and “bind” certain devices to be controlled by one hub- trying to decide if I should pick up some more for different rooms, or if it turns into a hassle.

I have 3 Harmony hubs, all tied into ST, and each for a different room. Each room’s hub has its own activities and devices.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks Brad! Good to know- better order some more!

Hey Brad! I have a question – I see that the droid/apple app lets you switch hubs, but are the physical remotes tied to only control a specific hub?

We don’t use the remotes - we have tablets and phones that are always with us, though the wife has mentioned possibly putting a remote downstairs. I believe that each remote is tied to a specific hub, but I don’t currently use them so can’t be 100% sure.

1 Like

I have two home hubs with remotes. Each hub can only have one remote and each remote can only control one hub. However the app can control both hubs from all of our phones and tablets.

These are limited to 8 devices unless you pair a physical remote. Keep that in mind if you have multi zone receivers, each zone is a device.

I have actually been able to tie multiple remotes to one hub (but different models) but can’t a tie a remote to multiple hubs.

Are they discounting them because they’re going to bring out a new hub maybe (hopefully with Ethernet)?

No way to do that, they pair specifically, and it’s an act of Congress to get a remote moved to another hub. At least it was with me.

menu + off for 20 seconds won’t work with “add remote” with a hub?

Not if it’s joined to another hub. I had to get involved with support, literally took two weeks.

I have a Logitech Harmony Touch. It was bought before the hubs came out. Can I pair that remote with this hub? What sort of integration can I expect? Can I turn on/off lights with an “activity”?

Yes I believe you can pair that. You can toggle activities. The remote and harmony app can then also toggle/dim lights/switches in the ST environment. I have activities that activate ST and Insteon stuff, some WiFi devices as well via their ST integration. So it’s pretty flexible in that regard. You can’t easily do volume/channel stuff with the native integration but there are solutions in the forums for those things if you want to put some additional effort into it.

This missing vol/chan up/down, as well as pause/ff/rw is kind of annoying me with Alexa. Though, I do enjoy having my favorite channels automatically setup as Alexa devices that I can simply “Alexa turn on [chan keyword]”.

Anyone know where these are still available at this price? Amazon is out, the eBay auction ended, and none of my local Best Buys have them.

You can still get it at best buy’s website and choose the ship to your home option. Shipping is free.

I have the Logitech - Harmony Ultimate Home - Black that has the remote. I am confused on what the purpose of this home hub is. Can I use it for another room to control the TV and receiver?

home hub (no remote)- purpose is to decrease to price point. yes you can control it with your smart phone, ST (if configured), echo(if configured to a point).