LIFX bulb stopped working today

Mine is mostly working again since this morning.

However, I have one Smart Lighting automation that does not work and it seems to be related to the color that I am trying to set the light to (white). The automation works for any of the named colors that I tried (red, green, yellow), but none of the white colors or color temperatures will trigger the light to come on. The automation is to Turn on and Set Color. I am assuming that the color addressing betweem Lifx and SmartThings is not working correctly for the white colors / color temperatures.

Did you go Here and get your AP I token?
https://cloud.lifx.com/sign_in

Yes, went there and go a new token.

Below are examples of where you enter the preferences. New app I would not do it in, or the classic app maybe try the IDE

Thanks a bunch - I am not sure why I didnā€™t see that (maybe I installed wrong). In any event, BRAD_ST was able to provide a work around by logging into the new app and re-synching LIFX there, which returned functionality back to the classic app. Thanks, Brad!

1 Like

Do you know that you can add your LIFX bulbs directly to Google Home without SmartThings as a middle man?
You might want to do that to avoid this kind of issues.

1 Like

@Brad_ST, something is going on with the LIFX bulbs and that is not necessarily the ST integration. For the past few weeks I have seen my 3 bulbs getting randomly disconnected either from ST or both ST and LIFX. I used so far the classic LIFX Color Bulb DH, but I have just migrated yesterday to the new one.
I had 2 from the 3 bulbs showed up offline. I added the new integration from the OneApp, but that showed the same the 2 which was offline, was offline with the new integration too. The only workaround was to turn on/off the bulbs two times to do a soft reset. Then they became responsive again.
It might be an issue on LIFXā€™s side, but that is awkward only some bulbs were effected.

Hi Brad, like others I use the classic app and lost control of all LIFX.
Installing new app and setting it up and deleting token and adding new brought it all back to life in old app and new.

Iā€™m all ok just wanted to say thanks for this thread ā€¦ it was a life saverā€¦

I was all panic having to use a light switch rather than my normal motion activation. :grinning: Cheers

I set up the new app, where is everyone deleting the token. I am not seeing anything from previous posts.

Just curious. [not asking rhetorically to be an ass, Iā€™m legitimately asking], was any sort of notification sent out to LIFX users to let them know of this potentially breaking change? I know that notifications have been sent out alerting us of the transition to the new app and the new API, so some breaking changes should be expected. But it seems like a notification for this specific issue would have been nice? (assuming it was known to happen ahead of time).

I get it, Iā€™m a software developer; You guys are going through a big transition and things are going to break, old stuff has to go away, etc. Iā€™m not mad, cause like I said, I get it. Just annoyed that I spent time troubleshooting something I didnā€™t know about, I figured it had something to do with deprecating the old integration.

Just for reference, hereā€™s the issues I experiencedā€¦Bulbs stopped working in WebCoRE. Looking into it, I found it was because they were no longer visible as a standard bulb to WebCoRE when choosing which devices to allow WebCoRE access too. I figured out that I have to now add them under one of the compatibility groups. This fixed all my issues with LIFX and WebCoRE.

The other issue was Iā€™m unable to rename certain bulbs via the classic app. Solution to this was to just rename them in the new ST app. And the new name also shows up in classic.

Brad, I started having an issue with all my Lifx lights today. They completely stopped responding from either of the Smartthings apps. I have 34 bulbs with multiple automations including WebCore in my system and Iā€™m hoping for a solution to fix this without having to remove all the lights and add them again.

Iā€™ve read multiple solutions from people but none have been explicit enough to understand the steps.

Are they working with the LIFX app?

In the new app (not the Classic), can you navigate to the overflow menu (hamburger), tap the gear icon, wait for ā€œConnected servicesā€ to appear, tap that, tap LIFX, and then tap Done. That should refresh the integration and get you working again.

1 Like

They were, I was just having issues re-syncing them as the new app wasnā€™t connecting to the lifx page. I waited about half hour and tried again and now it works. Thanks for the response.

Thanks, it is working now. I had gone to try and add a bulb multiple times and it never connected to the Lifx page. I went and removed the token and it didnā€™t work within the first few minutes so thatā€™s why I asked the question. Now after seeing your message I tried again and it allowed me to reconnect and all the lights are available and working again. Thanks again

2 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue. All LIFX bulbs are disconnected in ST classic. I downloaded new ST and went to the location described. I do not see a LIFX connected service.

You need to click on the + in the upper right of the screen, choose Device, choose By Brand in the upper menu and locate LIFX. Go through the setup and authenticate to your LIFX account. After that, the service would be in menu > settings > Connected services

1 Like

Hello everyone. Did this happen to anyone today? All of my lifx bulbs went offline in the new app. They all work in the lifx app. Is there any solution to get both to communicate?